‘DAM999′ screenplay in Oscar libraryNovember 2nd, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2 (IANS) The screenplay of “DAM999″, a film about the 1975 Banqiao dam disaster in China that killed around 250,000 people, has found a place in the library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The screenplay has been placed as part of the library’s permanent core collection, which is accessible for research to students, filmmakers, writers, actors and others from the field of cinema.
Earlier, the screenplays of other Indian films like “Chak De! India”, “Devdas” and “Lagaan” have been placed in the library.
“DAM999″ is about nine lives entwined by an impending disaster due to a dam.
The movie deals with a social cause — the hazards posed by dams, and creates awareness among the masses about the dangers that can be caused by a dam collapse, if not attended on time.
The Sohan Roy-directorial, produced by BizTV Network, features Rajit Kapur, Joshua Fredric Smith, Linda Arsenio, Gary Richardson, Jaala Pickering, Ashish Vidyarthi, Vinay Rai, Vimala Raman, Megha Burman and Jineet Rath.
The movie, to be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, will be released nationwide Nov 25, in three regional languages - Hindi, Tamil and Telugu along with English.
- 'Dam 999' to be screened at Cannes - May 04, 2011
- 'DAM999' vies for Oscar qualification - Oct 28, 2011
- Warner Bros to distribute DAM 999 - Jul 13, 2011
- Film director files cheating case against Bollywood actress - Jan 08, 2011
- Tribute to dam disaster victims closer to release - Jun 04, 2010
- 'DAM 999' set for Nov 14 release - Jul 25, 2011
- DAM999 – A Movie With A Message - Nov 06, 2010
- After controversies, 'Dam 999" heads to Dubai - Apr 17, 2010
- Water for Tamil Nadu, safety for Kerala: Chandy on Mullaperiyar - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Dam 999' - Politically incorrect and mediocre fare (IANS Movie Review- Rating:*) - Nov 26, 2011
- Documentary film based on Mullaperiyar Dam released in Kochi - Jan 04, 2011
- IMDb rates 'DAM999' among top films - Dec 06, 2011
- 'DAM999' bags two honorary GMA awards - Apr 11, 2012
- Amitabh to shoot for makeup man's film (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian film 'DAM 999' fails in Oscar journey - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: academy of motion picture arts and sciences, actors and others, ashish vidyarthi, banqiao dam, chak de india, core collection, dam collapse, dam disaster, gary richardson, impending disaster, indian films, jaala pickering, lagaan, linda arsenio, megha, motion picture arts, regional languages, sohan, vimala raman, vinay rai