Dakssh Ajit Singh to enter ‘Chhal Sheh Aur Maat’June 18th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 18 (IANS) After playing a homosexual on the small screen, actor Dakssh Ajit Singh will now be seen as a short-tempered guy in “Chhal Sheh Aur Maat”. He says people may start liking his character.
In Colors’ thriller “Chhal Sheh Aur Maat”, he will be seen as Abhinav, a convict who is just released from prison. His character will enter the show Tuesday.
“He is in jail since a few months. He is very short tempered, unpredictable and can change any time,” Dakssh, earlier seen in “Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?”, told IANS and added that it is not a negative character totally.
“It could be that after four episodes, people change their perception of my character. But yes, it is a grey character. He can’t control his emotions and one can’t judge what he would do in a particular situation.”
TV has limited options for male actors, and so it’s always good to do something different, said Dakssh.
“There are very less opportunities in TV for a male actor to do something different. I wanted to do something different and I like my character,” he said.
Apart from playing the highly controversial gay character of Gaurav Jhakar in “Maryada”, Dakssh has also acted in Punjabi films. He says he would love to enter Bollywood.
Dakssh feels that the content of a show is very important and that “the main story is primary, and many things depend on it. ‘Chhal Sheh Aur Maat’ is a suspense thriller that is why I wanted to do it.”
“You need to see the money and dates as well. The people are nice here. When people around you are nice, you like to work with them,” he added.
The character of Abhinav came quite naturally to Dakssh as is short tempered himself.
“I don’t think you need to do anything extra to prepare for a role. I am anyways short tempered. There are people like this outside in the world too. When you look around and observe others, it becomes easier. I am not going to prepare much for the role,” he said.
- Aamir Dalvi replaces Dakssh Ajit Singh in 'Chhal...' - Jun 21, 2012
- Ekta inspires most women in showbiz: Bhairavi (Interview) - Mar 17, 2012
- Sooraj Thapar to enter 'Chhal' as CID officer (With Images) - Mar 29, 2012
- Raza Murad to play Shah Jahan in 'Veer Shivaji' (TV Snippets) - Apr 04, 2012
- Today's television frivolous, lacks worthwhile content: Om Puri (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 27, 2012
- No fame, money in modelling: Abhishek Malik - Mar 22, 2012
- Usha Nadkarni to play 'sutradhar' - Apr 06, 2012
- Who's afraid of IPL? Not Hindi TV channels - Mar 21, 2012
- Short-tempered, impulsive men have missing brain chemical - Aug 11, 2011
- Get ready for action, thrill, comedy this Friday - Sep 26, 2011
- Reema thanks Vidya for her success, making curves trendy - Jul 09, 2012
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- Aamir Khan is the maestro of film industry: Kareena - Feb 04, 2012
- Daksh Pulls Out Of Star Plus Show - Aug 31, 2010
- Love scenes with Kidman highlight of Efron's life - Mar 08, 2012