Da Vinci Code sequel indefinitely postponed due to writers strike

November 17th, 2007 - 4:32 pm ICT by admin  

Washington, Nov 17 (ANI): The sequel to “The Da Vinci Code” has been postponed due to the writers strike.

Sony’s Columbia Pictures, who had adapted the novel to film, with a screenplay written by Akiva Goldsman, had issued a statement on Nov 16, saying that Columbia Pictures has decided to delay production of the films sequel, named “Angels & Demons.”

The studio said that the screenplay by Akiva Goldsman, an adaptation of the Dan Brown novel, was not ready to go before the cameras.

“While the filmmakers and the studio feel the screenplay is very strong, we do not believe it is the fully-realized production draft required of this ambitious project,” Hollywood Reporter quoted Sony spokesman Steve Elzer, as saying.

“We do not expect any other film on our 2008 slate to be affected, he said.

“Angels” had been scheduled to begin production early next year and was slated for a Dec. 19, 2008 release.

While no new start date has been set, its release date has been moved to May 15, 2009.

Tom Hanks will be reprising his role as symbologist Robert Langdon with Ron Howard once again directing it. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe