Curves or size zero is matter of choice, says PreityJune 21st, 2012 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) Preity Zinta, one of the fittest and glamorous actresses, finds nothing wrong with being curvaceous. She believes size issues are a personal choice, and says she supports Vidya Balan for flaunting her curves proudly and setting a new trend.
“I think she (Vidya Balan) is a fabulous actress. What’s wrong with her? There is always a rule - it takes one to lead and rest to follow. The choice you have to make is whether you are a leader or a follower,” Preity said here Wednesday at the launch of diet expert Pooja Makhija’s book “Eat Delete”.
“If there is one size zero and if 10 people want to become size zero, it’s a different thing. If one is a size 12 or 10, and people want to be size 10, it’s a different thing,” she added.
“The Dirty Picture”, one of 2011’s biggest hits, saw Vidya flaunting her curves in the role of southern sex siren Silk.
“I think Vidya Balan is beautiful, she is gorgeous and she is a fabulous actor,” added Preity.
About the hype being created around size zero, Preity said: “For normal people, it is very unfair to keep saying ’size zero is beautiful’. Being overweight is not good because it is bad for your health. (But) there is no such thing that this is the only size.”
“I feel really bad for the normal people because their pressure is - ‘If you eat this diet, you will look like her’, which is really wrong, you can’t look like anyone else,” Preity added.
The actress has been away from the arc lights for a long while now and is set to stage a comeback with her debut production “Ishkq in Paris”.
- I like curvaceous Indian women: Vidya - May 24, 2012
- 'Size Zero' Is No More A Fad In India - May 29, 2010
- Piggy Chops is excited, but scared! (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta - Sep 08, 2012
- Shah Rukh's humour bowls over Ashish Chowdhry (Movie Snippets) - Dec 18, 2011
- Bips asks fans for new DVD title (Movie Snippets) - May 14, 2012
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Reema thanks Vidya for her success, making curves trendy - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Barfi!' selected for Busan fest (Movie Snippets)( With Image) - Sep 02, 2012
- Fall in love with food, says nutritionist-author - Jun 27, 2012
- Women want weight in right places: Rukhsar Rehman (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- I don't believe in crash diets: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Uday Chopra keen on Hollywood! (Movie Snippets) - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Ishkq In Paris' toughest film for Preity - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: arc lights, being overweight, curves, debut production, diet, fabulous actor, fabulous actress, follower, glamorous actresses, hype, june 21, launch, matter of choice, new trend, personal choice, preity zinta, silk, siren, size zero, vidya balan