Curtain Raised; Now Bring On ‘India’s Got Talent 2′July 28th, 2010 - 7:45 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 28, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Don’t go by the headline, as the curtain raiser of “India’s Got Talent 2′ was no formal affair. So bowled were the onlookers by the talent on display that they simply kept salivating for more. More will unfold this Friday at 9.00 pm on Colors.
There’s one thing watching from your living room, but nothing can match the experience of seeing a talent perform live. This reporter had the privilege of viewing some spectacular performances, something which most media men were deprived last year.
The ballroom became the stage; the judges were perched right next to performers thereby not giving them a perfect view. Sajid Khan, who is the new addition to the jury list, joked how he wasn’t pressing the buzzer because he wasn’t able to get a complete view of the performance, and if he tired pressing it, then he was deterred by the sheer groan of the artists. Producer Siddharth Basu substituted for resident judge Sonali Bendre, who’s said to be holidaying in Europe. Kirron Kher was in her usual glittering avatar. Well, it’s not the judges that we came to see. The performing artists didn’t disappoint.
First one was pole malkhab – a craft exposed to us in season one – artist who once left us to say, if only this craft is incorporated as a discipline at the Olympics we sure stand to win a gold medal. Up next was a group depicting Marathi culture and history through the life of Shivaji. They were followed by ATS group, who introduced us to the art of box beating, and created music out of non-traditional instruments. We then saw a group of girls display their Kathak and Bharatnatyam skills.
While the above groups were entertaining, it was one little chap named Pradeep from Kolhapur who left the audience tapping their feet through his Marathi rap. The words weren’t clear, but we did hear speak of Ajmal Kasab. The final act came from fictitious group, all of whom bore a vampire look. They screamed and shouted, moved their limbs to and fro. As a layman, one could figure what quite it was, but it was pleasing to the eye. Perhaps, one was so moved by their sheer acrobatics.
After this last act, we craved for more. Our thirst will be quenched this Friday when “India’s Got Talent 2′ gets underway. Final word though on the curtain raiser – if the trailer is so good then just imagine how good the movie will be.
Oh! By the way, we missed out on the puns of IGT 2 hosts Ayushmann Khurrana and Nikhil Chinapa. The duo was at their wittiest best again. But haven’t we seen them do this day in and day out?
–Mayur Lookhar/ Sampurn Wire
- Shekhar, Sonali, Kirron to continue tryst with India's Got Talent - Apr 27, 2010
- VJ-anchor Ayushmann's film debut as sperm donor - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- Star-studded 'Jhalak...' opener promises dance, drama galore - Jun 17, 2012
- Rawness core of 'Vicky Donor' music album (IANS Music Review) - Apr 11, 2012
- I wanted to prove myself as an actor: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 27, 2012
- Proud to perform before Obama: Shillong Chamber Choir - Nov 09, 2010
- Not making heroes out of gangsters: John Abraham - Mar 19, 2012
- Success lies in making the youth happy: John Abraham - Jul 27, 2012
- India's Got Talent 2 coming your way - Apr 03, 2010
- My father's name isn't Rishi Kapoor: Ayushmann Khurrana - May 10, 2010
- Ranbir imitates Kareena! (IIFA Rocks diary) - Jun 09, 2012
- Ayushmann won't assist Sircar in 'Jaffna' - Aug 19, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- I can't cry like Shekhar Kapur: Sajid Khan - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,