Current Miss India’s re-defining beauty on the small screen with Bindass LiveMay 21st, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Miss India - When we think of this title what first comes to mind is beautiful talented women. Today winning a Miss India contest is probably considered the best possible ticket to Bollywood. While most of the winners have already made their foray into Bollywood, the current three Miss India’s Ekta Choudhary, Pooja Chopra and Shriya Kishore who have been crowned Miss India Universe 2009. Miss India World and Miss India Earth 2009 respectively think Miss India win doesn’t necessarily mean a platform for entering Bollywood.
“Miss India is a great platform and it is easy to get into Bollywood but right now we have more responsibilities on our head. People look up to us and idolize us but there are many more achievements that we have yet to score” says Shriya Kishore.
“It is a whole new life for us at the moment. After the winn, every step that we take and every move we make, we are being watched in a new light. We are having fun now and trying to make new friends. We have so much more to achieve, Bollywood is not the destination for us right now. We have already set our sights far ahead and for now it’s just the international pageant. We have yet to bring the crown home,” adds Pooja Chopra.
Currently the Miss India’s are re-defining beauty on the small screen with Bindass Live, a UTV venture. This is their first step into the glamour world wherein they will speak on topical issues in their own forthright manner. The show will conduct a daily dose of debates on youth-related issues like dating, relationships, peer pressure, parental pressure, social networking sites, the stress of exams and many more. The entire series will be LIVE and interactive and to add fun there will be polls, quizzes, video blogs and contests with celebrities and professionals like lawyers, doctors and counsellors participating.
“It was fun filled and we had to answer a volley of questions. Everyone was warm and lively” informs Ekta Choudhary.
Well this was their first step towards Bollywood. For how long mainstream Bollywood will remain a strict No-No for them, only time will tell. -Sampurn Media
- Pooja Batra: Connecting Hollywood and Bollywood! - Aug 03, 2010
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Delhi's Ekta Choudhury is Femina Miss India Universe - Apr 06, 2009
- Pooja Batra cameo in 'Hum Tum Shabana' - Sep 27, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- UTV Bindass steps it up with Street Dance! - May 20, 2010
- Kamal finds his heroine! (Tamil Movie Snippets) - Nov 21, 2011
- Pooja Batra to head Hollywood casting agency in India - Aug 03, 2010
- One 'beast', 13 beauties in 'Bigg Boss-5' house - Oct 03, 2011
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Share your beauty tips, Vanya urges women (With Images) - Jul 03, 2012
- Kishore Kumar alive in B-town's heart (Movie Snippets) - Aug 04, 2012
- Right attitude can help win Miss India title: Manasvi Mamgai - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: chopra, counsellors, dating relationships, defining beauty, ekta, foray, forthright manner, glamour world, india world, international pageant, kishore, miss india contest, peer pressure, pooja, shriya, social networking sites, talented women, topical issues, volley, winn