Cumberbatch to star in ‘The Simpsons’July 6th, 2012 - 9:55 am ICT by IANS
London, July 6 (IANS) British actor Benedict Cumberbatch is making a cameo appearance in animated sitcom “The Simpsons”.
The 35-year-old, who shot to fame playing iconic detective Sherlock Holmes in TV series “Sherlock”, landed a voice role in the American sitcom created by Matt Groening.
”I was at a meeting in the same place ‘The Simpsons’ is recorded and heard there was a part going in an episode. I said, ‘I hate to muscle in here guys but could I record it?’ Next thing, I’m standing in a room with all those famous voices; Bart, Marge, Homer, Lisa,” contactmusic.com quoted Cumberbatch as saying.
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- Cumberbatch not dating Russian model - Sep 03, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' Fetches The Approval Of FOX For Its 23rd Season - Nov 12, 2010
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' to return for 23rd season - Nov 13, 2010
- The Simpsons celebrates its 20th anniversary - Jan 06, 2010
- Lady Gaga to do a voiceover for The Simpsons - Aug 24, 2011
- Hindus smell greed in Vatican declaring "Simpsons" as Catholics - Nov 01, 2010
- Treehouse of Horror: Simpsons Spoofing Twilight - Oct 25, 2010
- Nobel Laureate Yunus to appear in 'The Simpsons' - Jul 26, 2010
- Halle Berry In A Cameo Role On The Simpsons - Jul 26, 2010
- Duff beer goes on sale in the UK - Feb 23, 2012
- The Simpsons set to become longest-running TV series - Feb 27, 2009
- Sherlock Holmes fever grips Britain's fashion market - Aug 18, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes star to set 'Have I Got News For You' questions - Oct 02, 2010