Cubs’ Outfielder Milton Bradley Suspended For A SeasonSeptember 21st, 2009 - 6:33 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
St.Louis, Missouri, September 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to sources, the Chicago Cubs have reportedly suspended their outfielder Milton Bradley for a season on Sunday, thereby forcing the player to sit out for the entire season. The decision was taken on the grounds of violation of conduct, which saw the player openly criticizing about his team to the media.
Surprisingly Bradley, who heard the news of his suspension on Friday had no reactions or whatsoever. Inside sources revealed that Bradley listened to his General Manager Jim Hendry then inquired if they were done. The General Manager of Chicago Cubs, Jim Hendry said that he made up his mind to send Bradley home for conduct detrimental to the team when he got to know about the alleged comments of the player that was published in the Daily Herald of Illinois. Sources reveal that Bradley was quoted as saying, “you understand that why they haven’t won in 100 years here.” Many players and team mates of Bradley felt offended for his derogatory comments which were published in a news paper. “At the end of the day, he was provided with a great opportunity to be a part of a really great organization with a lot of really great guys. It just didn’t seem to make him happy - anything Hopefully this is a little bit of wake-up call for him, and he’ll realize how good of a gig you have,” said pitcher Ryan Dempster.
“I just decided late last night that what I was going to do, and I didn’t give a lot of thought what’s going to transpire moving forward. I just felt like it was time to do this,” said Hendry on Sunday. The suspension puts Bradley out for the entire season.
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Milton Bradley Is Now A Seattle Mariners - Dec 19, 2009
- Carlos Silva Traded To The Chicago Cubs By The Seattle Mariners - Dec 19, 2009
- Carlos Zambrano Throws Another Tantrum, Suspended Indefinitely - Jun 26, 2010
- Milton Bradley Asks For Help From Seattle Mariner's Team - May 06, 2010
- Seattle Mariners' Outfielder Milton Bradley Arrested On Felony Charges - Jan 20, 2011
- Snooker king Hendry ends 27-year career - May 02, 2012
- GPS systems increasingly vulnerable to jamming - Mar 16, 2011
- Chicago Cubs' Manager Lou Piniella To Retire After The Present Season - Jul 21, 2010
- Hayden Simpson Goes To Chicago Cubs - Jun 08, 2010
- Chicago Cubs Icon Ron Santo Dies At 70 - Dec 04, 2010
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- Xavier Nady May Become One Of The Chicago Cubs This Season - Jan 27, 2010
- Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago Cubs - Oct 12, 2011
- Rich Harden To Sign With The Rangers - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: 100 years, chicago cubs, daily herald, derogatory comments, dey, entire season, gig, great organization, illinois sources, jim hendry, little bit, madhuri, milton bradley, news paper, outfielder, ryan dempster, st louis missouri, team mates, wake up call