Cuban singer to perform in MiamiJune 3rd, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, June 3 (IANS/EFE) Singer-songwriter Pablo Milanes, one of the leading figures in contemporary Cuban music, will offer his first concert in Miami as part of an upcoming US tour.
The 68-year-old artist has made some 30 albums and is a two-time Grammy winner.
“Pablo Milanes is without a doubt a music icon that is followed by millions of fans around the world. We are extremely excited and proud to have the opportunity to produce his first US tour in almost a decade,” said Fuego Entertainment, Inc. president and CEO, Hugo Cancio, in a press release.
While exact dates and venues for the Aug 25-Sep 26 tour have yet to be announced, the tour will include concerts in New York, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, and San Juan, Puerto Rico, as well as Miami.
The US government has already issued visas for Milanes, his musicians and crew, Cancio said.
Milanes and Silvio Rodriguez were the pioneers of Cuba’s nueva trova movement in the 1960s.
- Cuban singer announces dates for US tour - Jun 21, 2011
- Cuban singer to go on US tour in June - May 25, 2011
- Reggaeton duo film documentary in Cuba - Jan 31, 2012
- Lissette Alvarez presents her new album - May 16, 2012
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Ricky Martin wraps up world tour - Nov 14, 2011
- Ricky Martin to promote Puerto Rico tourism on world tour - Mar 15, 2011
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
- Venezuelan rockers are back with new album - Aug 30, 2011
- Happy to be alive after cancer treatment: Puerto Rican singer - Jun 21, 2011
- Two dead in shooting at Puerto Rico concert - Feb 28, 2011
- Pitbull wins pop songwriter prize - May 18, 2012
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- Ricky Martin performs in Miami - Apr 11, 2011
- Three die in Puerto Rico nursing home fire - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: 1960s, concerts in new york, cuban music, cuban singer, entertainment inc, exact dates, fuego, hugo cancio, june 3, miami miami, music icon, old artist, pablo milanes, pioneers, san juan puerto, san juan puerto rico, silvio rodriguez, singer songwriter, time grammy winner, us government