Cruz feels passionate about children causesMay 25th, 2011 - 6:43 am ICT by IANS
London, May 25 (IANS) Oscar winning actress Penelope Cruz has become more dedicated towards children’s charities after becoming a mother herself.
Cruz has been passionate about kids’ causes and even worked as a volunteer at one of renowned humanitarian Mother Teresa’s orphanages in Kolkata, India at the age of 22, reports dailystar.co.uk.
She tells Vogue magazine of the experience, “It changed the way I see the world.”
Cruz has since engaged in similar campaigns, such as U2 rocker Bono’s (RED) project to benefit AIDS sufferers in Africa, and Sean Penn’s unwavering efforts to rebuild Haiti following the devastating earthquake of January, 2010.
After welcoming son Leonardo with husband Javier Bardem in January, the Spanish beauty is determined to continue her mission to aid less fortunate youths in any way she can.
“Even if you were aware of children and felt compassion, when you have your own, it multiplies. It breaks your heart to know that there are so many children in the world suffering so much,” she said.
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Penelope Cruz pregnant? - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Penelope Cruz is not pregnant' - Jul 15, 2010
- Being housewife best thing in world: Cruz - Jul 01, 2012
- Monica Cruz To Act As Sister's Body Double In “Pirates Of The Carebbean” Next - Oct 13, 2010
- Cruz's worries make her suffer - Apr 11, 2012
- Penelope Cruz made Johnny Depp feel broody - May 10, 2011
- Penelope Cruz sings praises of motherhood - May 12, 2011
- Cruz's life changed after becoming a mom - May 05, 2011
- Motherhood changes you: Cruz - May 11, 2011
- Penelope Cruz to make one or two films a year - Apr 11, 2012
- Cruz has no time to worry - Jun 26, 2012
- Cruz 'doing great' after son's birth - Jan 27, 2011
- Penelope Cruz will be mum within a year, predicts psychic - Jun 16, 2010
- Johnny Depp calls Penelope Cruz 'a phenomenal mum' - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: actress penelope, aids, aids sufferers, becoming a mother, campaigns, charities, compassion, devastating earthquake, haiti, javier bardem, kolkata india, leonardo, mother teresa, orphanages, penelope cruz, sean penn, spanish beauty, u2, vogue magazine, volunteer