Cruz, Bardem may act together againMay 19th, 2011 - 11:02 am ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 19 (IANS/EFE) Spanish actress Penelope Cruz, who is in Madrid promoting the fourth film in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” saga, has said that she would like to work once again with husband Javier Bardem, her co-star in the Bigas Luna film “Jamon, Jamon”.
“Why not, if we find the right project? But that remains to be seen. Who I’d like to work with again is Pedro (Almodovar), (Alejandro) Amenabar, with Bigas and … with others with whom I haven’t worked in my country, like Julio Medem: I have a lot left to do and a lot to learn,” she said in an interview with EFE.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is an “adventure (film) and is filmed in 3D, a perfect marriage,” said director and choreographer Rob Marshall, who - among his other projects - directed the 2009 musical “Nine”, where he met Cruz.
“The filming was marvelous. We traveled for six months all over the world, we went to Hawaii, to Puerto Rico, to an island named Palominillo and then (to) London to shoot,” Cruz said.
The actress, whose main problem was not her pregnancy but rather the fact that she didn’t know how to use a sword, said that the help of her companions on the project - and even before the filming began - was very important.
“I was working for two months with the team that did the other ‘Pirates’ films and they taught me a lot. Then, during the filming, we did what was safe…”
In July, Cruz will film a movie with Woody Allen and perhaps, she said, with Roberto Benigni, in Rome and in Italian, something she said she’s looking forward to because at the end of the year she is scheduled to work once again with Italian director Sergio Castellito.
- Penelope Cruz could star with Bardem in `The Counselor' - Apr 20, 2012
- Spanish actress to work again with Almodovar - Jun 06, 2012
- Angelina Jolie to be part of Almodovar's film - Jan 16, 2012
- Penelope Cruz back in Rome for film shoot - Oct 12, 2011
- Penelope Cruz in Rome to work on Woody Allen film - Jul 08, 2011
- Penelope Cruz on Vanity Fair's November cover - Sep 29, 2009
- Cruz gets 2,436th star on Walk of Fame - Apr 03, 2011
- Penelope Cruz to begin filming in Sarajevo - Sep 12, 2011
- Penelope Cruz to star in next Woody Allen film - Jun 21, 2011
- Cruz, Bardem visit Moscow with new baby in tow - May 13, 2011
- Trailer for Antonio Banderas film appears on web - May 09, 2011
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Penelope Cruz to work with Sergio Castellito again - Apr 28, 2010
- Gema, one of the most important role: Penelope Cruz - Apr 28, 2010
- Banderas says latest film ahead of its time - Sep 03, 2011
Tags: actress penelope, adventure film, alejandro amenabar, almodovar alejandro, bigas luna film, co star, director sergio, how to use a sword, italian director, javier bardem, julio medem, pedro almodovar, penelope cruz, perfect marriage, pirates of the caribbean, rob marshall, roberto benigni, spanish actress, stranger tides, woody allen