Crushed Madonna meets Guy Ritchie in LondonApril 7th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 7 (ANI): Madonna, who returned to London after a judge rejected her bid to adopt 4-year-old Chifundo “Mercy” James from Malawi, was met by her ex-husband.
The 50-year-old met the British director Guy Ritchie, at a London airport, where he took their sons — Rocco, 8, and David Banda, 3 — so that she could have some space while the court takes action on her appeal, a source tells Usmagazine.com.
Mercy’s uncle, Peter Baneti, said that he hopes the courts will reconsider the adoption.
“I’m just very surprised that this has happened,” Baneti told Us.
“And I’m so sad for Mercy. This was her chance for a better life and I think this has been taken away from her now,” he added. (ANI)
- Madonna 'snubs' adopted kids' families in Malawi - Nov 01, 2009
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madge's adoptive daughter's family has no legal right to see her: Lawyer - Feb 10, 2011
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna's adoption of Mercy wins hearts in Malawi - Jun 15, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna to adopt another child? - Dec 08, 2009
- Madonna on Mercy flight to collect Malawi Orphan Chifundo - Jun 21, 2009
- Madge's adopted daughter's father wants pictures of girl - Aug 09, 2010
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
- Madonna tells Mercy "You are part of us now" after adoption win - Jun 13, 2009