Cruise’s Valkyrie bumped from 2008 summer releaseDecember 18th, 2007 - 3:01 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Dec 18 (ANI): Hollywood hunk Tom Cruises new career as a producer has been dealt with a blow after his German war drama Valkyrie was knocked off the list of 2008 summer releases.
The actor and his United Artists partner Paula Wagner were hoping that the film would be ready for a 4 July release, but expectations failed to meet the reality, as now it appears that a battle scene in the flick is left to be shot, reports Contactmusic.
Therefore the movie will hit cinemas at the end of 2008.
According to Daily Variety, the films director Bryan Singer was hoping to shoot the scene in 2007 only but he is yet to settle on a location.
As for the film, Cruise plays a Nazi officer who is part of a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
Cruise and Wagner have reportedly told Singer to take as much time as needed to shoot the important shot.
The director now hopes to complete the film in February (08). (ANI)
- 'Valkyrie' director gaga over Tom Cruise - Feb 10, 2009
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Valkyrie' director all praise for 'Slumdog Millionaire' - Jan 23, 2009
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany (Lead) - Jun 08, 2010
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Pitt-ed against Cruise - Aug 22, 2009
- Did Adolf Hitlers ghost cause runaway tank fiasco on Valkyrie set? - Dec 16, 2008
- Pitt denies tagging Cruise's 'Valkyrie' a 'ridiculous movie' - Aug 25, 2009
- Claus von Stauffenbergs grandson praises Cruises performance in Valkyrie - Dec 20, 2008
- Pitt's comment on 'Valkyrie' lost in translation - Aug 23, 2009
- My name is being used for publicity: Anupam Kher - Jul 20, 2011
- 'Valkyrie' bosses face lawsuit over Hitler's globe - Jan 03, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Favorite Kisser- Tom Cruise - Jan 07, 2011
- Bryan Cranston Remembers The Memorable Bedroom Scene With Julia Roberts - Nov 27, 2010
- I knew 'Valkyrie' would be controversial: Tom Cruise - Jan 27, 2009