Cruise’s movie premiere sees anti-Scientology protestsDecember 16th, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 16 (IANS) Anonymous, an anti-Scientology group, held protests at the premiere of Tom Cruise’ latest film “Valkyrie” in New York.Anonymous made their presence felt with placards and chanting, reports thesun.co.uk.
The superstar, however, looked unperturbed as he made his way into the Time Warner Building, where he joined British co-stars Bill Nighy and Eddie Izzard.
This is not the first time anti-Scientology groups have protested against Cruise, a firm believer of the cult, and his family.
Earlier, such groups held protests at his wife Katie Holmes’ Broadway debut “All My Sons” and said the actress had been duped into joining the religious movement.
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threats - Dec 28, 2008
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threats from anti-scientology groups - Dec 29, 2008
- Anti-Scientologists save Kate and Suri campaign at her Broadway debut - Oct 18, 2008
- Jerry O'Connell to play Herman Munster in TV reboot - Jun 06, 2012
- Katie Holmes snapped ''pale and gaunt'' following death threats to family - Jan 01, 2009
- Clooney keen on selling villa to Cruise - Aug 03, 2012
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Katie Holmes signs confidentiality agreement? - Jul 12, 2012
- Suri to study in New York, Cruise hopes to meet her soon - Jul 15, 2012
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Katie Holmes Broadway debut to see anti-Scientologists try to save her - Sep 03, 2008
- Holmes' dinner date with lawyer - Jul 30, 2012
- Katie Holmes turns 30 - Dec 20, 2008
- Cruise to recruit for Scientology church in Australia - May 31, 2009
- Scientology behind JLo, Marc split? - Aug 14, 2011