Cruise shows support for President Barack Obama at Valkyrie premiereJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 22 (ANI): American actor Tom Cruise showed his favour for President Barack Obama at the London premiere of his new film Valkyrie by urging Americans to support the new commander-in-chief.
Cruise, 46, was at the premiere with his wife Katie Holmes, who wore a shimmering blue dress, and both spent almost an hour outside the cinema signing autographs and posing for photographs with fans.
The Top Gun star spoke out on the red carpet in Leicester Square, saying that Obama brought hope with him, and that it was up to the country to support him in the trying times.
“Hope - absolute hope. He has a challenge ahead and it’’s up to us as a country, it’’s not just up to him,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“We have got to support him and I believe he is going to do it,” he added.
Valkyrie will open in cinemas as of January 23. (ANI)
- Tom Cruise wows Mumbai fans at special MIGP screening - Dec 05, 2011
- Cruise's adopted daughter joins Holmes fashion lable - May 11, 2011
- Tom cruises to India on a whirlwind tour - Dec 03, 2011
- Beckham praises Cruise - Aug 05, 2012
- Tom Cruise's lawyer threatens to sue National Enquirer - Jul 13, 2012
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Tom Cruise 'almost' shares red carpet with Katie Holmes' first love - May 27, 2010
- Holmes refused Cruise's birthday request - Jul 05, 2012
- TomKat considering London move - Jan 22, 2009
- Cruise's high-rise Dubai stunt terrified Holmes - Apr 06, 2011
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Ex-wife sympathises with Tom Cruise - Aug 08, 2012
- Prince Harry gets cozy with model Cara Delevingne - Jul 20, 2012
- Clooney keen on selling villa to Cruise - Aug 03, 2012