Cruise sets up trust fund for SuriAugust 29th, 2012 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 29 (IANS) Actor Tom Cruise has set up a trust fund for his six-year-old daughter Suri, on ex-wife Katie Holmes’ request.
However, Suri will not be able to legally claim the money until she is in her 30s. Cruise, 50, is already giving Holmes $400,000 per year in child support until their six-year-old daughter Suri turns 18.
“Katie wanted the trust fund put in place for Suri that their daughter will be able to tap into after she turns 18 years old,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
“Katie has absolutely no access to the money and didn’t want to. She just wanted to ensure that Suri would have financial security as she becomes an adult. It’s a sizable trust fund, but Suri won’t be able to fully legally claim it until she is in her 30s.
“Tom had no problem with the request and planned on doing it for Suri anyway,” the source added.
The couple got married 2006 in Italy after meeting in April 2005.
- Cruise reunites with daughter Suri - Jul 18, 2012
- Holmes to receive $400,000 from Cruise - Aug 25, 2012
- Holmes changes Suri's wardrobe - Jul 18, 2012
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Cruise to file for divorce in Los Angeles - Jul 02, 2012
- Cruise plans to win back Suri - Aug 13, 2012
- No pre-nup money for Holmes? - Jul 04, 2012
- Tom Cruise goes house hunting in New York - Aug 01, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes part ways - Jun 30, 2012
- Cruise takes helicopter ride with Suri - Jul 19, 2012
- Katie Holmes signs confidentiality agreement? - Jul 12, 2012
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- Holmes goes shopping to cheer herself - Aug 26, 2012
- Tom Cruise deeply saddened by divorce - Jun 30, 2012
- Ex-wife sympathises with Tom Cruise - Aug 08, 2012