Cruise set to pay tribute to technicians of HollywoodSeptember 17th, 2010 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 17 (IANS) Hollywood actor Tom Cruise is set to pay tribute to the technical minds behind Hollywood.
The film focuses on visual effects giant “Industrial Light & Magic”. “ILM: Creating the Impossible” is being released to mark the 35th anniversary of the company.
“From the liquid metal man in ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’ to the lifelike digital dinosaurs in ‘Jurassic Park’, ILM has created some of the most iconic moments in cinematic history,” contactmusic.com quoted a spokesperson as saying.
The film features interviews with filmmakers like Jerry Bruckheimer, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and actors Samuel L. Jackson and Robin Williams.
ILM has worked on nearly 300 films in its 35-year history and has largely been the driving force behind the evolution of modern visual effects.
- Oprah Winfrey tops Forbes' Hollywood rich list - Dec 28, 2010
- Winfrey voted world's highest paid celebrity - Aug 28, 2012
- Top Gun Sequel In The Making? - Jul 01, 2010
- Oprah is the richest among Hollywood rich - Dec 28, 2010
- Steven Spielberg blasts movies packed with special effects - Jul 17, 2010
- 'Jurassic Park' to hit theatres again - Aug 29, 2011
- James Cameron named most influential in Hollywood - Sep 24, 2010
- Chinese paleontologists discover large feathered dinosaur - Apr 06, 2012
- Spielberg's dinosaur drama for TV delayed again - Mar 14, 2011
- Cameron voted 'most powerful man' in film world - Sep 25, 2010
- 'Top Gun' sequel on the way? - Jun 30, 2010
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- George Lucas tops Forbes' Hollywood earners list - Jul 17, 2009
- Top Gun sequel in the making? - Jul 01, 2010
- 'The Adventures of Tintin' - a Spiel-bugging experiment (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: 35th anniversary, cinematic history, digital dinosaurs, driving force, film features interviews, filmmakers, george lucas, hollywood actor, industrial light magic, jerry bruckheimer, jurassic park, liquid metal, metal man, robin williams, samuel l jackson, steven spielberg, terminator 2, terminator 2 judgment day, tom cruise, visual effects