Crowe’s gruelling training for ‘Man of Steel’December 22nd, 2011 - 6:04 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 22 (IANS) Actor Russell Crowe is undergoing a gruelling training schedule for his role in the film “Man of Steel”.
The 47-year-old actor plays Superman’s father, Jor-El, in the upcoming movie and has been opting for gym sessions, long bike rides, runs and walks so that he is fit for the part.
“Yesterday 1 hr walk 1 hr gym, today pitiful bike ride but it is a very special day and i’ve got other things I need to do. go hard tomorrow (sic),” he wrote on microblogging site Twitter.
“31.37 km bike ride. Bike 28.6 km, gym 1 hr. 2 walks, total time 1 hr 45 mins,” he further posted.
The Oscar winner even shed 16 lbs (around 7.25 kg) on a tough new exercise and diet regime, which involved following a gluten free eating plan and a punishing fitness schedule, reports contactmusic.com.
He tweeted: “220 lbs this morning, started at 236.4 lbs. 45 min walk, 12 mins eliptical, weighted objects 40 mins, walk 25 mins. 2400 cal a day maximum, all meals & all beverages. Where possible gluten free.
“Day 12 of a 105 day training period, there is a long way to go, one layer of tissue paper per day of effort and diet … it takes a long time (sic).”
- Crowe to play Superman's dad? - Jun 16, 2011
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- How Carey lost weight after pregnancy - Apr 21, 2012
- I don't blindly follow a fitness routine: Gul Panag (Interview) - Sep 18, 2011
- Gaga opts for gluten free diet - Aug 18, 2012
- I am not anorexic: Miley Cyrus - Apr 09, 2012
- Forget dieting this holiday season to stay healthy, say experts - Nov 17, 2010
- Serious about gyming? Read Arnold Schwarzenegger, says Aamir - May 17, 2010
- Rana, Naik top Raid de Himalaya - Oct 17, 2011
- Study backs gluten-free diet in potential celiac disease patients - Dec 16, 2010
- Imran, Rashid move ahead in Dakshin Dare Rally - Jun 14, 2011
- Weight warning: Avoid crash diets - Jun 13, 2011
- Want to rent latest bikes? Head to Goa - Dec 06, 2009
- How Kourtney Kardashian lost 45lbs after giving birth to son - Dec 30, 2010
- Joy ride on a toy bike that you just can't miss (Features, with Image) - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: beverages, bike ride, diet regime, exercise, film man, fitness schedule, gruelling, jor el, kg, london, long time, man of steel, oscar winner, russell crowe, sessions, superman, tissue paper, training period