Crowe on chemistry with ‘Nottingham’ co-star Blanchett: It’s an interesting gigJune 21st, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, June 21 (ANI): Russell Crowe has revealed that his on-set chemistry with ‘Nottingham’ co-star Cate Blanchett is “an interesting gig”.
The two Oscar winners are in Britain filming Nottingham, the latest retelling of the tale about Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
“So far we have ridden horses together, seen off the bad guys, got naked (partially), wallowed chin-deep in mud, danced by firelight, attended a funeral and kissed,” said Crowe, in an email to The Sun-Herald.
“What can I say? It’s an interesting gig,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as saying.
The Gladiator star also praised Blanchett for her skills as an actress.
He said: “I can’t talk highly enough of her skill and sense of humour.
“She is a wonderful partner in crime and now that we are under way, I can’t think of anyone else in this part.”
Russell also dismissed rumours of a tiff with film’s director Ridley Scott.
“His gaze is steely, his demeanour determined, at 72 years old he is an inspiration to every man and woman on the set.
” Ridley and I have never made a secret of the way we work, we agree to disagree because in the calculation of both our opinions we create the best idea. There’s no yelling, no diva bullshit, we are doing our jobs to the best of our abilities and try to do something special every day,” he said. (ANI)
- Ridley Scott's 'Robin Hood' to open annual Cannes Film Festival - Mar 27, 2010
- Crowe nearly quit 'Robin Hood' over script issues - Apr 06, 2010
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Cate Blanchett says Russell Crowe is 'not always easy' - May 21, 2010
- Russell Crowe learns Nottingham accent for Robin Hood role - Feb 03, 2010
- Russell Crowe Starer "Robin Hood" Trailer Is Out - Dec 16, 2009
- I didn't axe Miller from 'Robin Hood', says Crowe - Jan 29, 2010
- Danny Huston 'to star in new Robin Hood film' - Jul 14, 2009
- Cate Blanchett may replace Sienna Miller in Nottingham - Feb 10, 2009
- Sienna Miller thinks Cate Blanchett will make a 'better' Maid Marian - Jul 02, 2009
- How Russell Crowe snared Cate Blanchett for Robin Hood role - May 06, 2010
- Cate Blanchett to replace Sienna Miller in Robinhood movie? - Feb 09, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Ridley Scott to miss Cannes screening of Robin Hood - May 11, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' leaves you wanting for more (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: 72 years, bad guys, cate blanchett, co star, demeanour, director ridley scott, firelight, gladiator star, man and woman, morning herald, oscar winners, partner in crime, ridden horses, ridley scott, robin hood, robin hood and maid marian, russell crowe, sense of humour, sun herald, sydney morning herald