Crowe inherited booze-fuelled temper from Welsh ancestorsJanuary 17th, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by admin
London , Jan 17 (ANI): Australian actor Russell Crowes relatives are blaming his booze-fuelled temperis from Welsh ancestors.
The actors family tree is said to include quite a number of alcoholics and tearaways.
Crowe is set to visit the North Wales-Shropshire border to retrace his roots for a BBC series, Coming Home, where he will try to find out more about his grandfather John.
His grandfather, who is said to have run away from Wrexham when his fruit and vegetable firm failed, is believed to have stowed away on a ship from Liverpool to New Zealand in the 1920s.
This will be the first time that 43-year-old Russell will be meeting with his 40 relatives who are in Britain .
And one of them is former vicar Philip Crowe, 71, who confirms that Russell inherited Welsh genes.
“Russell definitely has characteristics that have been consistent in our family in past generations - intuitive, impulsive, quite volatile and quite fond of a drink,” Mirror quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- Russell Crowe's family tree traced to fruit, veggies wholesalers - Dec 31, 2009
- Russell on weight loss spree - Jul 12, 2011
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Russell Crowe to star in 'Les Miserable' - Sep 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe to direct biopic on Bill Hicks - Jul 24, 2012
- Russell, Diggs team up again for kung fu movie - Sep 15, 2010
- Philip Madoc dies at the age of 77 years - Mar 06, 2012
- Russell Crowe 'to step away from spotlight' - Feb 01, 2011
- Russell Crowe to star in 'Broken City' - Aug 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe to direct feature film - Jul 24, 2012
- Brand wants to be a vicar - Jul 20, 2012
- Crowe replaces Ledger in Australian film - Aug 07, 2010
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- Russell Crowe lashes out at late Gladiator co-star Oliver Reed - May 08, 2010
- Crowe trying to keep away from cigarettes - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: 1920s, alcoholics, australian actor, bbc, bbc series, booze, coming home, fruit and vegetable, genes, grandfather john, london jan, north wales, philip crowe, relatives, shropshire, tearaways, temper, vicar, welsh ancestors, wrexham