Crowe helps Worthington handle fameJanuary 9th, 2011 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 9 (IANS) Actor Russell Crowe is helping Sam Worthington deal with fame after the blockbuster success of “Avatar”.Worthington said that Crowe “really helped him out” when he started getting recognised and advised him to be respectful to his fans, reports contactmusic.com.
“We Aussie actors all know each other. I’ve asked Russell Crowe for advice…He’s really helped me out a lot,” said Worthington.
“There’s no school that can tell you how to handle things like losing your anonymity. (Russell told me) to handle it with sensitivity. It’s hard to ask someone for their autograph. So if someone snubs me, why snub them? They’re braver than I am and deserve my respect,” he added.
The 34-year-old admits that he has been the autograph hunter himself, asking for signatures from his favourite musicians.
He said: “I’ve asked Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo and Angus Young from AC/DC.”
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- 'Avatar's sequel will be monumental: Worthington - Oct 05, 2011
- Sam Worthington 'splits from long-time girlfriend' - Jan 25, 2011
- Sam Worthington mistaken for Zach Galifianakis - Sep 30, 2011
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Was not embarrassed to wear skirt: Worthington - Mar 31, 2010
- Fans impress Lavigne with her tattoo on their bodies - Jul 03, 2011
- Russell Brand buys a gun! - Jun 19, 2012
- Matt Damon turned down 'Avatar' - Feb 16, 2011
- Russell Crowe rescued by coast guard - Sep 04, 2012
- Avatar star unable to bond with James - Oct 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe Storms Out of Interview, Insulted By Accent Comment - May 15, 2010
- Sam Worthington's lazy days - Oct 02, 2011
- Hilary Duff shocked by fan signature tattoo - Oct 29, 2010
- Anna Faris wants to have eight kids - Sep 30, 2011