Critics Are All Praises In Guzaarish ReviewNovember 19th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The reviews are in and it looks like Sanjay Leela Bhansali has pulled off a winner in ‘Guzaarish’. The Hrithik Roshan-Aishwarya Rai starrer drama was one of the most talked about movies not only for its stunning visual appeal seen in the trailers but also because the storyline. Some reports suggested that the film was a Hindi remake of the Hugh Jackman starrer ‘The Prestige’ but one of the critics who have weighed in on the movie has rubbished the claims.
The web has been abuzz with the critic’s review ever since the film released in theaters today and it looks like Hrithik Roshan’s magical spell has worked. The plot of the film revolves around a famous magician who finds himself praying for death after being paralyzed for more than a decade. Aishwarya Rai plays the role of the nurse who takes care of the magician, played by Hrithik Roshan, and the reviews indicate that she has given a life-time performance. One critic said that the movie was not made for the box office but the gratification of the senses. Another went on to say that ‘Guzaarish’ was the most ‘profound, insightful and enriching’ films of the year.
For Hrithik Roshan, ‘Guzaarish’ could be a truly magical comeback from the disaster of ‘Kites’. For Aishwarya Rai on the other hand, the film could well bring her back the glory of the ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ days. The film is set in Goa and going by the trailers, the audience are in for a real treat in terms of cinematography. Sanjay Leela Bhansali has also treaded on new grounds by composing music for the film and so far the reception has been great.
- Guzaarish - A Portrayal Of Human Sufferings - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Audiences will find new Aishwariya in Guzarish' - Nov 14, 2010
- Review Of Guzaarish: Undeniable Wonder By Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Nov 19, 2010
- Aishwarya is my muse: Bhansali - Sep 23, 2010
- Will Aishwarya, Hrithik be third time lucky with 'Guzaarish'? (IANS Preview) - Nov 15, 2010
- Aishwarya and Hrithik To Do An Intense Romantic Scene For ‘Guzaarish’ - Oct 13, 2010
- Plagiarism Accusation On Guzaarish Is A Rumor, Says Hrithik Roshan - Nov 12, 2010
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Guzaarish’ In A Plagiarism Conflict - Nov 08, 2010
- Review 2 : Guzaarish (2010) - Nov 20, 2010
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Turns Music Director With “Guzaarish” - Oct 09, 2010
- Review 3: Guzaarish (2010) - Nov 20, 2010
- What Makes Aishwarya The Pro-Director’s Actor? - Oct 26, 2010
- Shabana 'fida' on Hrithik's performance in 'Guzaarish' - Nov 20, 2010
- Hrithik, Ash set to create magic again with 'Guzaarish' - Sep 23, 2010
- Fever keeps Ash away from Delhi promotions for 'Guzaarish' - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: aishwarya rai, cinematography, composing music, de chuke, goa, gratification, hrithik roshan, hugh jackman, hum dil de chuke sanam, kar, kites, life time, magician, meena, new grounds, praises, role of the nurse, sanjay leela bhansali, time performance, visual appeal