Chris Brown apologizes for Rihanna incidentFebruary 17th, 2009 - 11:31 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The R&B singer Chris Brown has publicly apologized, a week after allegedly attacking his pop star girlfriend Rihanna right before the Grammys.
The 19-year-old released a statement yesterday professing his regret over “what transpired” last Sunday but, still facing the threat of domestic violence charges, remained vague on the allegations.
Apologizing in the middle of a three-day weekend, the R&B singer will keep news of his admission of guilt relatively buried. Brown said, “Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God’s help, to emerging a better person,” the statement said.
Chris Brown was charged with making a criminal threat and released on $50,000 bail and other charges are still pending. Due to perform at the Grammy Awards, he missed the prestigious event to turn himself in to police.
- Chris Brown apologizes for homophobic slur on Twitter - Dec 31, 2010
- Chris Brown Charged for assualting Rihanna - Mar 06, 2009
- Chris Brown Apologizes Publicly For Assaulting Rihanna - Jul 21, 2009
- Ingrid Gutierrez tells media that Drake started the Chris Brown brawl - Jun 18, 2012
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012
- Chris Brown's absence from Grammys not related to Rihanna trial, says rep - Jan 31, 2011
- Chris Brown performs at the Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
- Chris Brown is given sentence - Aug 05, 2009
- Chris Brown to sue rapper Raz B? - May 30, 2012
- Chris Brown's gay, racial rant against Raz B - Dec 30, 2010
- Chris Brown pleads not guilty to Rihanna-beating charges - Apr 07, 2009
- Chris Brown finally breaks silence, issues statement - Feb 16, 2009
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- Chris Brown caught kissing Rihanna - Jul 27, 2012
- Is Rihanna and Chris Brown back together? - Feb 28, 2009
Tags: 19 year old, admission of guilt, allegations, amp, b singer, better person, chris brown, counseling, criminal threat, domestic violence charges, girlfriend, god, grammy awards, grammys, last sunday, pop star, prestigious event, singer chris