Craig wasn’t interested in ‘James Bond’ roleJuly 22nd, 2011 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 22 (IANS) Actor Daniel Craig says he was initially reluctant to take over the role of James Bond from Pierce Brosnan.
The British actor was one of the first actors Bond producers turned to when they decided to look for Brosnan’s successor, but he wasn’t interested in playing the iconic movie super spy, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was like, ‘This is silly. I’ve got a career. I mean, lovely, thank you very much, I’m very honoured that you would even consider it, but I can’t do it - sorry.’,” Craig told Entertainment Weekly magazine.
“(But) it was a good script. I went, ‘OK, yeah, I understand.’,” he said.
- Matt Damon's Bourne Identity role dashed Pierce Brosnan's 007 hopes - Apr 02, 2010
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Avatar star unable to bond with James - Oct 10, 2011
- Not satisfied with my career: Daniel Craig - Dec 05, 2011
- Pierce Brosnan says 007 role left him 'tangled up in his ego' - Aug 09, 2010
- Harrison Ford wants to play James Bond - Aug 18, 2011
- Pierce Brosnan thinks he 'never really nailed' 007 role - Apr 15, 2010
- Pierce Brosnan says his second Bond movie wasn't fun - Apr 26, 2010
- After playing vampire, Pattinson wants James Bond role - Jul 10, 2012
- Craig toyed with being war journalist - Dec 05, 2011
- Brosnan couldn't digest Craig as Bond - Jan 28, 2010
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt eyes Bond role - Mar 08, 2012
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012