Cowell had fall-out with guitar teacherMarch 24th, 2012 - 10:04 am ICT by IANS
London, March 24 (IANS) Music mogul Simon Cowell has revealed that as a youngster he gave up the dream of becoming a superstar musician following a fall-out with his guitar teacher.
Cowell wanted to become a rock star while growing up. So he began learning the guitar aged 12, but his dream was shattered by a nasty argument with his tutor, reports contactmusic.com.
“I was bought an electric guitar when I was 12 but my guitar teacher beat me up. I didn’t like guitar lessons and I got quite bored,” Cowell told Britain’s The Independent newspaper.
“My teacher was obviously bored giving me lessons, and one day I offered him a liquorice toffee but he didn’t answer. So I threw it at him, it hit him in the face and he sort of beat me up. And that was the last guitar lesson I had.”
“That was the turning point, David, when I decided I needed to be behind the scenes and not a musician,” he added.
- Oz musician's YouTube guitar lessons rack up 60m hits on YouTube - Mar 25, 2010
- Ego is Simon Cowell's biggest downfall - Mar 21, 2012
- Cowell wanted to keep Paula Abdul - Feb 09, 2012
- Ali Zafar turns guitar teacher for Katrina Kaif - Aug 10, 2011
- Elle Macpherson 'has a crush on Simon Cowell' - Oct 02, 2010
- Simon Cowell hits back at Sir Elton John - Mar 10, 2011
- Shruti Haasan learns guitar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 19, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Cheryl to host Simon's pop show? - Jan 19, 2012
- Music classes keep away Mexican youth from drugs - Jul 11, 2011
- Colombian musician gives 'gun-guitar' to Gandhi museum - Oct 31, 2011
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Spears tough to please: Cowell - Jul 25, 2012
- Taylor Swift is a great teacher: Efron - Feb 22, 2012
- Cheryl unfairly blaming Simon: Cowell's mum - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: electric guitar, guitar lesson, guitar lessons, guitar teacher, learning the guitar, london march, music mogul, musician, nasty argument, rock star, simon cowell, toffee, turning point, tutor, youngster