Courtney Love to sue Kurt Cobain estate’s ‘looters’April 8th, 2009 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 8 (ANI): American rock musician-actress Courtney Love is contemplating dragging some of the people handling her late husband Kurt Cobain’s estate to court, after realising that they have lost all the money that the Nirvana frontman had left for her and their daughter Frances Bean.
Her lawyer Rhonda J. Holmes, of Gordon & Holmes in San Diego, has revealed that Cobain’s estate had been looted of more than 30 million dollars in cash, and up to 500 million dollars in real estate.
According to reports, a team of investigators, forensic accountants and lawyers hired by Love made these findings.
“I have never seen such greed and moral turpitude. This case is going to make Bernard Madoff look warm and fuzzy,” the New York Post quoted Holmes as saying.
“We will be filing civil cases . . . within the next 30 days. There are many, many millions missing. We’ve only been able to track down 30 million dollars, but there is more. And then there is the real estate,” the lawyer added.
According to Holmes, bank accounts using Cobain, Love and Frances Bean’s Social Security numbers were set up and used to buy and sell real estate across the US.
“There is now a web of homes which were bought, flipped and used to launder money — up to $500 million worth. Any of the property we can get back will be donated to people who have lost their homes in foreclosures,” Holmes said.
When Holmes was asked how could that have happened, the lawyer said: “Courtney noticed the money was gone when there wasn’t any left. It’s no secret she struggled with substance-abuse issues, but in the last year she’s taken a more serious approach to sobriety and started noticing things were wrong. She hired private investigators, accountants and me.”
Holmes added: “We are also working with local and federal authorities. When Mr. Cobain died in 1994, he left his enormously wealthy estate behind for the benefit of his mother, two sisters, a brother, his wife and young daughter. Many of those [involved with] the estate’s coffers mismanaged, stole and outright looted it shamelessly.” (ANI)
- Kurt Cobain's $530 mn estate looted by trustees - Apr 09, 2009
- Frances Bean Her Accuses Mom Courtney Love - Aug 30, 2010
- Frances Bean Cobain In Middle Of Cobain Trust Fund Conflict - Jun 22, 2010
- Courtney Love apologises to daughter - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Skinny' Courtney Love advised by doctor to 'start eating' - Jul 02, 2009
- Courtney Love blasts her daughter Frances Bean Cobain on Facebook - Dec 17, 2009
- Courtney Love wishes daughter happy birthday on Twitter - Aug 20, 2010
- Courtney Love Barred Of Legal Control Over Frances Bean Cobain - Dec 16, 2009
- Courtney Love's restraining order extended - Feb 14, 2010
- Courtney Love fears for daughter's life - Aug 11, 2010
- Courtney Love branded 'prepubescent feral cat' by daughter - Aug 27, 2010
- Courtney Love's daughter legally free now - Aug 21, 2010
- Courtney Love loses custody of her daughter Frances Bean Cobain - Dec 16, 2009
- Drug overdose may kill my daughter: Courtney Love - Aug 09, 2010
- Kurt Cobain's Daughter Frances Bean Cobain To Make Her Debut - Feb 07, 2010
Tags: 30 million, courtney love, daughter frances, federal authorities, forensic accountants, frances bean, greed, j holmes, kurt cobain, looters, million dollars, new york post, nirvana frontman, private investigators, realising, rock musician, sobriety, social security numbers, substance abuse issues, two sisters