Courtney Love offered $162 million for Nirvana’s rightsMay 26th, 2010 - 9:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, May 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Courtney Love has been offered a whooping $162 million for the Nirvana’s rights. She has a majority stake in the group, which she had inherited after her husband Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994. He was the band’s frontman as well. Since then she is the legal owner of the band’s publishing rights. However 4 years earlier, she had sold 25% of the ‘End of Music’ catalogue for a neat sum of $50 million.
In the recent times, she had reflected that she was thinking of selling the leftover 75% stake as well. Her motives to do so are not at all financial, but instead she believes that ‘the royalty payments that she is getting are cursed.’ She had also divulged that she has been living with the tragic suicide of her husband for a very long time, and now she feels that the time to move on has come. So for emotional reasons she wants to offload her share, and move forward with her life. According to sources, Love thinks that the money that she is getting is haunted.
The officials at the Evergreen Capital have made the generous offer to her, according to the New York Daily News. However there has been no response from Courtney Love in this regard.
- Courtney Love Presented An Offer Of $162 Million For Nirvana Rights - May 26, 2010
- Rumors Of Courtney Love Selling Of Nirvana Publishing Rights Go Round The Internet - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love calls Kurt Cobain's money "cursed" - Apr 29, 2010
- Love dreams of marrying rich man - Oct 17, 2011
- Courtney Love settles Nirvana lawsuit - Aug 18, 2010
- Courtney Love 'wanted to snort dead husband Kurt Cobain's ashes' - Mar 16, 2011
- Courtney Love posts half-naked pics on Twitter - Oct 05, 2010
- Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in a new biopic - Apr 10, 2010
- Courtney Love's daughter rejected 'Twilight' role to avoid fame like dad Cobain - Aug 11, 2010
- Courtney Love Barred Of Legal Control Over Frances Bean Cobain - Dec 16, 2009
- Drug overdose may kill my daughter: Courtney Love - Aug 09, 2010
- Courtney Love's daughter legally free now - Aug 21, 2010
- Courtney Love wishes daughter happy birthday on Twitter - Aug 20, 2010
- Courtney Love wants Ryan Gosling or James McAvoy for Kurt Cobain role - Apr 21, 2010
- Robert Pattinson attacks Love over Kurt Cobain biopic remarks - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: 50 million, committed suicide, courtney love, emotional reasons, evergreen capital, husband kurt, kurt cobain, long time, majority stake, money, motives, music catalogue, new york daily news, nirvana, publishing rights, regard, royalty payments, tragic suicide, york daily news