Courtney Love not changing her surnameApril 22nd, 2010 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) Courtney Love’s representative says she is not changing her surname.
The representative insists that the star was speaking “metaphorically” when she announced plans to reinvent herself as Courtney Michelle, reports contactmusic.com.
The singer was born with the name Courtney Michelle Harrison but adopted Love as her last name when she launched her music career in the 1980s.
During a recent interview, Love had spoken about changing her name because she feels “oppressed” by her stage name.
Love had said: “We all have decided we don’t like her (Courtney Love) any more. (Call me) Courtney Michelle. The name Courtney Love is a way to oppress me.”
- Courtney Love not changing her name, says rep - Apr 23, 2010
- Courtney Love is dead, says Courtney 'Michelle' - Apr 21, 2010
- Houston's daughter not adopting mom's last name - May 31, 2012
- Courtney Love changes name - Apr 22, 2010
- Courtney Love set to pen autobiography - Oct 01, 2011
- Love injured in house fire - Jun 24, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne's grey hair inspired by 'The Golden Girls' - Apr 13, 2012
- Theron loves swaddling adopted son - Mar 17, 2012
- Adele to return to studio soon - Feb 16, 2012
- Courtney Love to launch clothing line - Sep 28, 2011
- Cheryl Cole in 'Modern Family'? - Apr 21, 2012
- Vanessa Minnillo takes on her husband's surname - Nov 22, 2011
- Kate Winslet to make stage debut - Mar 17, 2012
- Lopez couldn't bond with twins - May 08, 2012
- Lavigne cooks to forget career pressures - Apr 16, 2012