Courtney Love blasts AmEx chiefs over credit card lawsuitMay 29th, 2009 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 29 (ANI): Rocker Courtney Love has accused bosses at American Express of allowing fraudulent transactions to be made using her account, in response to a 350,000-dollar lawsuit filed by the credit card firm against her.
Her lawyer slammed American Express’ claims that his client racked up the huge bill on her Gold card, and has refused to pay it off.
The lawyer fired back insisting that Love had been battling the charges for months because she didn’t spend the money.
“AmEx knows the claim has no merit. We have told them this for a long time. AmEx’s law policies allowed fraudulent transactions to be charged to my client’s card,” Contactmusic quoted the attorney as telling TMZ.com.
Love has already been in the news these days because of her struggle with her finances in recent years.
She even hired a team of private investigators in April to reclaim the millions of dollars she alleged were stolen from her late husband Kurt Cobain’s estate.
Last year, an accounting firm called London & Co. had filed a suit against Lover, claiming that she had failed to pay them profits from the sale of Cobain’s share of the Nirvana publishing catalogue. (ANI)
- Courtney Love files countersuit over American Express credit - Jan 02, 2010
- Courtney Love sued by American Express over unpaid debt - May 28, 2009
- Courtney Love settles Nirvana lawsuit - Aug 18, 2010
- Love dreams of marrying rich man - Oct 17, 2011
- Courtney Love Presented An Offer Of $162 Million For Nirvana Rights - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love branded 'prepubescent feral cat' by daughter - Aug 27, 2010
- Courtney Love hires private detective following AmEx suit - Jun 01, 2009
- Frances Bean Her Accuses Mom Courtney Love - Aug 30, 2010
- Rumors Of Courtney Love Selling Of Nirvana Publishing Rights Go Round The Internet - May 26, 2010
- Courtney Love Barred Of Legal Control Over Frances Bean Cobain - Dec 16, 2009
- Courtney Love slams Kelly Osbourne for calling her a 'crackhead' - Apr 03, 2011
- Drug overdose may kill my daughter: Courtney Love - Aug 09, 2010
- Courtney Love fears for daughter's life - Aug 11, 2010
- Courtney Love in legal trouble again - Jul 12, 2012
- Courtney Love's daughter legally free now - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: accounting firm, american express, amex, amp, blasts, chiefs, courtney love, credit card firm, dollar lawsuit, fraudulent transactions, gold card, kurt cobain, law policies, lawyer, london, long time, nirvana, private investigators, profits, struggle