Court stays Subhash Ghai’s Haryana land dealMay 29th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 29 (IANS) The Punjab and Haryana High Court Tuesday stayed Bollywood filmmaker Subhash Ghai’s Mukta Arts from performing any activity on a 20-acre plot purchased from a gram panchayat in Haryana, a lawyer said.
Ghai planned to set up a film institute on the land bought in October 2010 in Badhsa village in Jhajjar district, some 25 km from here.
Hearing a plea filed by Nafe Singh and others from the village, Acting Chief Justice M.M. Kumar ordered status quo on the land and the execution of the sale deed by the gram panchayat.
The petitioners’ lawyer Deepak Balyan told IANS: “We told the court that according to the Punjab Village Common Lands (Regulation) Rules, the government could only auction such land.”
The petitioners claimed that the land belonged to the village community and the gram panchayat and the state government had no right to sell it to a private firm.
The Badhsa Gram Panchayat had sent a resolution to the Haryana government Jan 6, 2010 to permit them to sell land to Mukta Arts. On Sep 22, 2010, the government allowed the panchayat to sell 20 acres of land at the rate of Rs.2,409,000 per acre. The deal was sealed Oct 11, 2010.
A court at Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district earlier dismissed a public suit filed by villagers against Ghai acquiring the land.
- Verdict on Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal March 16 - Mar 05, 2012
- Haryana court reserves order on Subhash Ghai project - Mar 01, 2012
- Court orders stay on Subhash Ghai's project in Haryana - Feb 23, 2012
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked - Sep 19, 2012
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Haryana farmers want their 350 acres back from DLF - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: acre plot, bahadurgarh, chief justice, execution, film institute, filmmaker, gram panchayat, haryana government, lawyer, mukta arts, nafe, oct 11, plea, private firm, punjab and haryana high court, rs 2, state government, Subhash Ghai