Court restrains Star India’s cookery showsDecember 24th, 2011 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Dec 24 (IANS) A district court here Saturday restrained Star India Pvt Ltd from exhibiting and telecasting shows under the trademark “Master Chef India 2″ on Star Plus, and “Master Chef Australia” and “Master Chef USA” on Star World channel till further orders.
The stay was granted on the suit filed by Wings Entertainment Ltd.
Pankaj Yadav, advocate for Wings Entertainment, said that stay was granted by the Additional District Judge Vimal Kumar after the company argued that these shows were using the trademark “Master Chef” (Device) and “Master Chef Series” which was registered by it
The court also ordered that Star India Pvt Ltd. would also prepare an inventory of documents related to details of infringement of trademark of the petitioner.
No one from the Star TV group was available for comments.
- Court restrains Emami from airing oil ad on TV - Jun 18, 2012
- Court bans illegal telecast of World Cup cricket matches (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Court stops unauthorised telecast of Cricket World Cup - Feb 21, 2011
- Grand Finale Amul Master Chef India: Lucknow Based Pankaj Bhadouria Wins The Title In The ... - Dec 27, 2010
- Indian company wins trademark infringement case against Google - Sep 21, 2009
- Consim wins interim injunction in trademark infringement case against Google - Sep 23, 2009
- Key points of order denying bail to Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar - Jun 08, 2011
- Mask institute's 'logo', court tells 'Dum Maaro Dum' makers (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Court restricts cable operators from showing 'Thank You' - Apr 07, 2011
- Notice issued to centre, Air India on pilots' plea - Jun 25, 2012
- 'MasterChef India' winner will now host cookery show - Aug 31, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail pleas dismissed (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- Rs.50,000 compensation ordered for homeopathic medicine maker - Jul 12, 2010
- Couture week organisers dragged to court over trademark row - Jul 19, 2010
Tags: advocate, australia, chef series, cookery, dec 24, district judge, gurgaon, india pvt ltd, infringement, master chef, pankaj, petitioner, star india pvt ltd, star tv, star world, tv group, wings, yadav