Country Singer Jimmy Dean Passes Away At 81June 14th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Richmond, Virginia, June 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Country musical artist and business entrepreneur Jimmy Dean passed away on Sunday at his Henrico County, Virginia home.
The country singer who had also gained immense recognition as the entrepreneur of the Jimmy Dean sausage brand, was 81 years at the time of his demise.
The news of the highly acclaimed musical artist’s death has been confirmed by his wife Donna Meade Dean, who has told news sources that her husband’s death has come as a shock to her entire family as despite suffering from several health problems for quite some time, Jimmy Dean had been doing well in the recent past.
While revealing details about the death of the musical artist, Donna Meade Dean further added that on Sunday, the singer was eating in front of the television when she suddenly found that he had become unresponsive and was later pronounced dead.
Henrico County Police Department official, R.J Clark later added that Jimmy Dean’s demise appears to have occurred due to natural causes. However, the news of the renowned country musical artist’s death has come as a rude shock to his large number of fans who have enjoyed his music throughout his musical career.
Jimmy Dean became a household name in the year 1961 with his hit single “Big Bad John” who received huge popularity among music lovers and went on to become a chart-topping hit in both country as well as pop chart of the year.
The singer also won many accolades when he successfully hosted the program “The Jimmy Dean Show” on ABC network.
- Jimmy Dean Was "Amazing," Says Wife Donna Meade Dean - Jun 15, 2010
- The Widow Of Jimmy Dean, Donna Meade Dean, States That His Death Was Abrupt - Jun 15, 2010
- Donna Meade Dean speaks fondly about her late husband Jimmy Dean - Jun 15, 2010
- Donna Meade Dean Says Jimmy Dean Will be Buried in Piano Shaped Mausoleum - Jun 15, 2010
- Jimmy Dean, The Multitalented Country Singer, Dies At 81 - Jun 14, 2010
- Robin Gibb's death was caused by kidney failure - May 28, 2012
- Gap Band Bassist Robert Wilson Passes Away Aged 53 - Aug 17, 2010
- Man held for filming mother-in-law undress - Nov 29, 2011
- Mexican Singer Sergio Vega Murdered By Unidentified Gunmen - Jun 28, 2010
- Taylor Swift's "Mine" Music Video Makes Its Debut In Maine - Aug 28, 2010
- Renowned Jewish Folk Singer Debbie Friedman Dies - Jan 10, 2011
- India tour will be special: David Guetta - Jan 28, 2012
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- "My Sharona" Songwriter Doug Fieger Passes Away - Feb 15, 2010
- Noted Composer Milton Babbitt Dies At 94 - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: abc network, business entrepreneur, country singer, county police department, demise, donna meade, gina gomez, health problems, henrico county virginia, household name, jimmy dean sausage, music lovers, musical artist, musical career, pop chart, quite some time, richmond virginia, rude shock, time jimmy, wife donna