‘Coughing’ Chilly Paneer: Chef Ronit’s special delicacyMay 25th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 25, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):He’s an actor, businessman, and a perfect family man. There’s one more facet to Ronit Roy. He can cook too. The actor will soon be seen hosting Kitchen Champions, a cooking show on Colors.
Usually, it’s that perceived celebrities don’t really cook on such shows, that they just do the basic things for the camera. The real cooking, though, is done by professionals. However, according to sources, Ronit truly can cook.
“I can personally vouch that Ronit is a good cook because I’ve tasted some of the delicacies prepared by him. Initially, I too was under the impression that he cannot cook .But I was pleasantly surprised by the dishes he made,” said a source.
Roy had then prepared Chilly Paneer and Pasta. Interestingly, Roy had rechristened the Chilly Paneer as Coughing Chilly Paneer. There’s a reason for it.
“The moment Roy put vinegar on the paneer (cheese), the onlookers started to cough. So, he coined the dish as Coughing Chilly Paneer. Later on, he made some nice pastas with red sauce. We all enjoyed the dishes”, added the source.
So, Mr. Roy has proven his culinary skills. Let’s see how the 12 Colors queens fare in Roy’s kitchen.
– Mayur Lookhar / Sampurn Wire
- When Divya Thakur ordered Ronit Roy to leave - Jun 15, 2010
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Ronit Roy turns chef on small screen - Apr 28, 2010
- The cheesy avatar of Prachi - Aug 22, 2010
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Italy lays out pasta, cheese for Delhi homes - Nov 10, 2010
- I had refused 'Kitchen Champion': Ronit Roy - May 28, 2011
- Not all pasta is pasta: Italian chef - Jun 24, 2011
- Santo To Return Home; Is Megha Cheating Dharamraj? - Jul 19, 2010
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Ashutosh Game For 'Swayamvar' - Jul 24, 2010
- Now children are cooking their first meal 5-yrs earlier than their parents did - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: businessman, celebrities, cooking show, culinary skills, delicacies, delicacy, dish, dishes, facet, family man, good cook, mr roy, onlookers, paneer cheese, pasta, pastas, perfect family, real cooking, ronit roy, vinegar