“Cool Ruler” Gregory Isaacs Passes Away At 59October 26th, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Jamaican Reggae musician Gregory Isaacs passed away at his home on Monday, reliable sources announced the news to the media. The “most exquisite vocalist in reggae” had been battling with lung cancer from a long time. He was 59 year old.
Gregory Isaacs’ wife Linda Isaacs said that the musician died at his home surrounded by his friends and family. His wife told a reputed media source that the singer had been traveling around Jamaica before he returned his home in London to spend some quality time with his wife and his family. He was known as “Cool Ruler” for his stylish clothes and lavish yet wild lifestyle which even included cocaine addiction. Gregory Isaacs wife Linda Isaacs said that her late husband was loved by everyone and the singer used to work really hard to produce and deliver good music to her fans so that they like and appreciate his work. She also said that his fans loved and “enjoyed” his performance. Linda Isaacs said that his family and friends will miss him.
Suggs, the lead singer of “Madness” expressed his condolence by saying that Gregory Isaacs was a “great reggae” artist and one of the most “sartorially” elegant performers on the “world stage”. Gary Himelfarb, who released many albums of Gregory Isaacs on his label, RAS Records said that the singer was one of the three geniuses her had known in the field of reggae music business. Gary Himelfarb also said that he used to sit at a piano and compose “incredible” tunes and he was “brilliant”. Sly Dunbar, the producer of one of his albums said that Gregory Isaacs’ was one of those soulful singers whom people can listen for hours.
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- We packed the ego and made a song: Band member A.R. Rahman - Sep 10, 2011
- Gear up for Sean Paul's India concerts - Jul 19, 2012
- 'No Doubt' to make a comeback with their new album - Jun 13, 2012
- Former Thin Lizzy Guitarist Gary Moore Dies At 58 - Feb 07, 2011
- Lionel Richie to perform at CMA Awards - Oct 27, 2011
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Pakistani singer set for four-city India tour - Aug 20, 2010
- Barlow will watch 'X Factor' from home - Aug 18, 2012
- Oscar Isaac, chameleon-like Latino triumphs in Hollywood - Aug 08, 2012
- A R Rahman at GIMA: "My Dad Used To Look At Lata Mageshkar’s Photo Every ... - Dec 04, 2010
- Solo album magic wanes: Digital media may revive it - Aug 07, 2012
- Mother and I respect each other's music: Rocker Dhaval Mudgal - Aug 07, 2012
- Scherzinger wants to start family - Sep 01, 2012
- Rock music facing tough time: Foreigner's Mick Jones (Interview) - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: cocaine addiction, condolence, geniuses, gina gomez, gregory isaacs, himelfarb, home on monday, jamaican reggae, linda isaacs, lung cancer, media source, news to the media, ras records, reggae artist, reggae musician, reliable sources, sly dunbar, stylish clothes, suggs, wife linda