Control of Britney’s estate remains under fatherOctober 1st, 2010 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 1 (IANS) A Los Angeles judge has decided that the control of pop singer Britney Spears’ legal and business affairs will remain under her father James Spears.
After a closed session with Spears and her father in Los Angeles court, Judge Reva A. Goetz made the announcement, reports latimes.com. James was named co-conservator of Britney’s estate in 2008 after she was twice hospitalised in a psychiatric facility.
Conservatorships are granted for people deemed unable to take care of themselves or their affairs.
Under the original conservatorship plan approved in 2008, Spears’ father may restrict and limit visitors, retain caretakers and security guards and access all of her medical records.
- Spears' fiance becomes her co-conservator - Apr 26, 2012
- Britney gets court's nod to auction her silver gown - Jan 26, 2010
- Britney Spears still under conservatorship - Oct 01, 2010
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Spears' fiance to become her co-conservator - Apr 09, 2012
- Britney "more than ready" to take control of own affairs - Sep 16, 2010
- Britney Spears sued over fragrance deal - Apr 01, 2011
- Britney's conservatorship could end soon - Dec 08, 2009
- Britney officially placed under permanent conservatorship - Jan 07, 2009
- Britney to remain under dad's conservatorship - Dec 24, 2009
- Spears settles lawsuit by ex-manager, pays $193,000 - Jun 07, 2009
- Aguilera was apprehensive of big screen debut - Nov 25, 2010
- Lindsay's dad seeking conservatorship over her - Sep 30, 2010
- Knowles to direct documentary on own life - Aug 03, 2012
- Global meltdown hits Britney's Circus tour - Apr 15, 2009
Tags: britney spears, business affairs, caretakers, closed session, conservator, conservatorship, conservatorships, court judge, goetz, latimes, medical records, pop singer, psychiatric facility, reva, security guards, singer britney