Contest for press photographers launchedMay 13th, 2012 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 13 (IANS) Mumbai-based Media Foundation of India (MFI) has launched the second edition of its photo contest for full-time professional press photographers.
The MFI National Press Photo Contest 2012 has invited participants to send photographs taken during 2011 in six categories: general news, spot news, daily life, sports, arts & culture and best photo stories.
The Picture of the Year award carries a cash prize of Rs. 75,000 and a trophy. Several other cash prizes and awards are also up for grabs.
The last date for entry is May 31.
A three-member jury of eminent photojournalists Pablo Bartholomew, Kevin Frayer and Arko Datta will judge the winners.
MFI is a trust set up by four media professionals to organise media-related activities and promote knowledge exchange on wide-ranging contemporary issues.
MFI launched its activities with MFI National Press Photo Contest 2011. The contest received over 6,000 entries from 290 photojournalists across India.
- Media Foundation of India awards declared - Aug 23, 2012
- Kashmiri lensman bags MFI best photographer award (With Image) - Aug 19, 2011
- Journey of life through father-son's lens - Aug 12, 2010
- Spanish photographer wins world press photo award - Feb 11, 2012
- Indian wins prize in photo contest - Feb 10, 2012
- Ansari to confer 'Life Time' awards on four photo journalists - Aug 18, 2010
- Kashmir scribes protest police harassment - Aug 25, 2011
- PETA wants kids to catch kindness to animals on camera - May 09, 2011
- Kardashian sisters searching for model - Jul 27, 2012
- Language theatre on centre-stage at META 2012 awards (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Oscar-nominated documentary director killed in Libya - Apr 21, 2011
- IANS reporter's story wins award - Apr 28, 2012
- Capture essence of India on video - to win - Nov 15, 2011
- Kerala Film Critics’ Association Invites Entry For Best Feature Films - Jan 12, 2011
- Dev Benegal in short film judges panel at Mumbai film fest - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: arko datta, cash prize, cash prizes, contemporary issues, general news, grabs, kevin frayer, knowledge exchange, last date, life sports, media foundation, media professionals, member jury, mfi, pablo bartholomew, photo contest, photojournalists, press photographers, professional press, spot news