Conrad Murray’s Preliminary Hearing Set For January 4August 24th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Los Angeles, Aug 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Conrad Murray, who has been charged in the death of King of Pop Michael Jackson appeared before the judge in a scheduling hearing on Monday in which the date for the preliminary hearing in the case was set. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said that the preliminary hearing in which the evidences against the medical practitioner would be heard would commence on January 4 in Los Angeles. After all the evidences that are against Conrad Murray are taken into consideration in the hearing, it would be decided whether the evidences are enough for the doctor to stand trial.
The 57-year-old cardiologist is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter of the musical legend Michael Jackson who passed away on June 25, last year. The charges were levied against Conrad Murray in the month of February, 2010 but he is free on a bond of $75,000. Apart from Michael Jackson’s doctor, Monday’s hearing also witnessed the presence of many of the singer’s family members which included his mother Katherine and father Joseph Jackson while large number of the King of Pop’s fans had gathered outside the courtroom. In the meanwhile, during the hearing, the defense team of Conrad Murray were granted permission by the court to get fluid samples from the late singer in order to build their defense.
Micheal Jackson’s doctor has pleaded not guilty to the charges of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the pop icon at the age of 50. The prosecutors have accused Conrad Murray of administering Michael Jackson with lethal doses of the anaesthetic Propofol while his attorneys have emphasized that the cardiologist did not give the King of Pop anything that could have claimed his life.
- Jackson's doctor faces death charge - Jan 04, 2011
- MJ's doc pleads not guilty - Jan 26, 2011
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson doctor found guilty of manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Trial of Michael Jackson's doctor set for January - Aug 24, 2010
- Preliminary Hearing Of Dr. Conrad Murray Scheduled On January Next Year - Aug 24, 2010
- MJ 'died long before he reached hospital' - Jan 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray's trail postponed - May 03, 2011
- MJ's doc 'delayed calling 911 to cover up evidence' - Jan 05, 2011
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- Lost videotapes could clear MJ's doc - Apr 03, 2011
- Jackson's family allowed to sue concert organisers - Feb 04, 2011
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- Court sets the hearing date for Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray - Aug 24, 2010
- Conrad Murray Trial: Photos of dead Michael Jackson shown to court - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: cardiologist, conrad, courtroom, evidences, fluid samples, gina gomez, involuntary manslaughter, january 4, judge michael, king of pop, lethal doses, medical practitioner, michael jackson, mother katherine, musical legend, pop icon, pop michael jackson, preliminary hearing, propofol, superior court judge