Conrad Murray seeks fingerprint test on syringe found under MJ’s deathbedMarch 18th, 2011 - 4:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 18 (ANI): Lawyers representing Dr. Conrad Murray want a broken syringe found under Michael Jackson’s deathbed to be tested for fingerprints.
The doctor’s legal team is expected to claim the ‘Thriller’ hitmaker injected himself with the lethal dose of sedative Propofol while Murray was out of the room.
The 57-year-old accused medic insists he did not touch the needle, discovered in the bedroom where the singer died at his Los Angeles home in June 2009.
He admits giving MJ, 50, a cocktail of drugs but claims he did not give him anything that would kill him.
He denies involuntary manslaughter. His trial begins in May.
“The defence will be based around the claim Michael gave himself the fatal dose,” the Sun quoted a source close to the case as saying.
“While there was medical equipment in the room Murray clearly did use, he’ll claim he did not touch this particular syringe.
“It could prove a crucial and controversial piece of evidence,” the source added. (ANI)
- MJ's doc to claim 'star killed himself by overdosing' - Dec 30, 2010
- Michael Jackson doctor's trial begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Murray 'ordered over 250 vials of Propofol in months before MJ's death' - Jan 11, 2011
- Tito: Murray should be jailed for life - Nov 10, 2011
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- MJ administered lethal shot himself, says doc's lawyer - Jan 09, 2011
- MJ's doc to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter - Jan 12, 2011
- MJ Death Trial: Cardiologist alleges that Conrad Murray hid important information - Oct 04, 2011
- Conrad Murray's Preliminary Hearing Set For January 4 - Aug 24, 2010
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- MJ's jab dabs are not those of Dr. Conrad Murray - Apr 18, 2011
- Lost videotapes could clear MJ's doc - Apr 03, 2011
- Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical records - Mar 23, 2011
- MJ 'died long before he reached hospital' - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: cocktail, controversial piece, deathbed, dr conrad, drugs, fingerprint, fingerprints, involuntary manslaughter, lawyers, lethal dose, london, medical equipment, michael jackson, propofol, sedative, sun, syringe, thriller