Connery reaches out-of-the-court settlement with LA country clubNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:21 am ICT by admin
The court was informed about the agreement between the two parties on Tuesday, though the terms of their settlement have been undisclosed as yet.
According to the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in March 2006, the Sherwood Country Club wooed Connery to join it in April 1990 as a way of promoting both its own business, and the surrounding suburb in Thousand Oaks.
The club sold Connery a membership for 35,000 dollars with a promise that the actor would receive equity of 80 per cent, based on the going rate for the membership, after three years.
Connery’s contention was that when he quit the club in 2004, the club refused to honour its financial obligations and continued to use his “worldwide celebrity to enhance the club’s reputation.”
The actor’s attorney Daniel Miller said that the presiding judge would not have liked the fact that his client had settled the case with the club out of the court.
“Courts usually like settlements, but when we called to tell them about this settlement they said Connery is one person they would have liked to have seen,” E!online quoted Miller as saying. (ANI)
- Gibson to pay $750,000 to ex-girlfriend - Sep 01, 2011
- Longoria settles car crash lawsuit outside court - Aug 08, 2012
- Gibson, Grigorieva reach deal - Aug 28, 2011
- Connery gets bronze statue in Estonia - Jan 28, 2011
- Charges dropped against actor Matthew Fox - Jun 01, 2012
- Former baseball star Lenny Dykstra indicted in bankruptcy fraud case - May 07, 2011
- Mueller charged for cocaine possession - Feb 26, 2012
- 'Happy Days' cast members' lawsuit heading for trial - Jun 06, 2012
- Garfield designed '...Spider-Man' skateboard - Jun 30, 2012
- Post divorce settlement, Cruise resumes work - Jul 11, 2012
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
- John Levi Miller files lawsuit after losing one of his testicles - Mar 01, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes' lawyers discuss divorce pact - Jul 08, 2012
- Gibson loses half fortune in divorce settlement - Dec 24, 2011
- Pattinson voted celebrity of the year - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: allegedly, angeles superior court, contention, court settlement, daniel miller, financial obligations, honour, los angeles superior court, one person, own business, presiding judge, sherwood country club, suburb, thousand oaks, worldwide celebrity