Confident ‘Housefull 2′ will be a blockbuster: Sajid KhanMarch 31st, 2012 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) Director Sajid Khan, whose third directorial venture “Housefull 2″ is ready to hit the screens, says he is confident the film will be a blockbuster as he makes films by placing himself in the audience’s seat.
“Only a good film will work. If my film is not good then it will not work beyond Monday. But I can say it with a lot of confidence that this film (’Housefull 2′) is a blockbuster. I am not saying this because this is my film but because I have made this film according to the audience. Every film I make, I make it as an audience,” the 40-year-old said here at a promotional event for “Housefull 2″.
Sajid says it’s the family audiences that make a film a hit.
“The day my film does not work, then no matter how many tie ups I do, it will not work at all. It will work when you people go and watch it with your family,” he said.
The cast of the film, releasing April 6, is known as ‘dirty dozen’ and it comprises Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Shreyas Talpade, Shazahn Padamsee, Jacqueline Fernandez, Asin Thottumkal, Zarine Khan, Boman Irani, Mithun Chakraborty, Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor.
Sajid says he doesn’t measure his film’s success on the basis of box office collection or reviews, rather by the audiences’ reaction.
“Quite honestly, success doesn’t mean five star rating nor does it mean box-office collection. I think all the people on the stage have faced failure and success at some point of time in their career.
“I think the most important thing in life is getting the love and acceptance of the audience. It does not always come with success. It comes with the connection of the big screen and the audience. For me, that connection is important even if I am behind the camera. So that is success for me and not reviews, awards and collections,” he added.
- Me, Nadiadwala don't make films for money: Sajid Khan - Mar 19, 2012
- Multi-starrers are risky: Sajid Khan - Mar 22, 2012
- My time in Bollywood has just started: John - Apr 02, 2012
- I make people nervous, I never get nervous: Sajid Khan - Mar 18, 2012
- 'Soon, film earning Rs.400 cr won't seem big' - Mar 21, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Anarkali disco chali' puts pressure on Malaika, Farah - Feb 13, 2012
- Not worried about being overshadowed by 'Housefull 2' cast: Shazahn - Mar 09, 2012
- Even stars are into multi-starrers: Shazahn Padamsee - Feb 25, 2012
- Action is easy, comedy toughest: Akshay Kumar (Interview) - Mar 10, 2012
- 'Housefull 2' packed with dirty dozen, laughter (IANS Preview) - Apr 02, 2012
- I'm arguably Mithun-da's biggest fan: Sajid Khan - Mar 17, 2012
- I still get jitters before my first shot: Mithun - Mar 23, 2012
- Randhir, Rishi Kapoor created nostalgia: Riteish - Mar 24, 2012
- Mithun Chakraborty is now ok - Jul 06, 2011
Tags: akshay kumar, asin thottumkal, blockbuster, boman irani, directorial venture, dirty dozen, family audiences, housefull, jacqueline fernandez, john abraham, mithun chakraborty, padamsee, randhir kapoor, rishi kapoor, riteish deshmukh, sajid khan, Shreyas Talpade, tie ups, ups, zarine khan