Conductor Turned Director Makes Kannada Movie ‘Preethiya Loka’June 24th, 2010 - 2:28 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 24, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): We hear many stories of “zero to hero’ in the film industry. South India’s superstar Rajnikanth is a big example of this, one who rose to stardom from a humble bus conductor in real life.
Now, Kannada cinema has one more director Nandana Prabhu, who had served in that state owned BMTC as a bus conductor. He has also been a bus driver, who drove through different routes in Bangalore. Prabhu, is directing the film Preethiya Loka, which stars new actors Vinay and Archana. The director has also written the story of the film from his experiences as a conductor. He will also appear in the film as a villain.
Nanda Prabha has written 60 percent of the film based on his experiences as a driver and conductor. He tries to depict the family synchronization in a new angle. In this film, Nanada has tried to portray that the children follow a different life style after growing up without bothering about their parents.
The lead hero of the film Vinay is an engineering graduate, and is debuting with this movie. The actor says, “The director Nandana Prabhu had trained me for three months before I came in front of the camera.” He added that the flow of the film was very good, which is interspersed with good romantic songs.
Another first timer Sai Kiran, has composed music for the movie. The producer of the film Madhava Reddy is a PWD contractor since the last 10 years, he has invested almost one crore in this film.
Reddy said, “The complete dedication of the director has impressed me to invest in my first Kannada film.”
– Sampurn Wire
- 'Preethiya Loka' dull fare (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 15, 2012
- Autograph To Release On Sept 24, 2010 - Aug 21, 2010
- 'Darling' completes shooting, busy in DTS work - Apr 06, 2010
- 'Crazy Loka' - good actors wasted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Prabha's 'Darling' - Mar 15, 2010
- A cliche script mars 'Darling' (Telugu Film Review) - Apr 24, 2010
- Ram Prasad's 'Banna Bannada Loka' a damp squib (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 24, 2011
- Namitha Returns To Kannada Cinema Again! - Sep 30, 2010
- Prabhu Deva shoots ad film with Virat Kohli - Jul 13, 2012
- Kannada Actors Puneeth, Aindrita Bag First AKKA Award - Sep 09, 2010
- Puri Jagannadh's 'Devudu Chesina Manushulu' disappoints (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 17, 2012
- Nayantara Likely To Marry Prabhu Deva In December! - Sep 03, 2010
- Shahid Kapoor opts out of YRF film - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Parie' - a tedious watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- Dil Raju Penned ‘Mr Perfect’ For Two Years - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: bus conductor, bus driver, crore, different life, film industry, first timer, june 24, kannada film, kiran, life style, loka, prabha, prabhu, romantic songs, south india, stardom, superstar rajnikanth, synchronization, three months, villain