Concept will always be key to a good film: FaisalJune 4th, 2012 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 4 (IANS) Director-writer Habib Faisal, who is enjoying the success of “Ishaqzaade”, says though technology has made filmmaking easier, one cannot ignore the importance of a sound story in a movie.
“Films are always going to be concept-driven. Yes, technological advancements have happened, they have made filmmaking easier for all of us. But the key thing is always going to be the concept, whether it was ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ or ‘Pyaasa’ or ‘Do Bigha Zameen’…’Paa’, ‘Stanley Ka Dabba’ or whatever,” said Faisal here Sunday at Subhash Ghai’s acting school Whistling Woods.
Faisal, whose made debut with “Do Dooni Chaar” featuring Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh, recalled how the senior actress got excited on seeing new equipment in the dubbing studio.
“When I made ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ with Neetu Singh, she was making a comeback after 30 years. The films were dubbed even then and they are dubbed even today. She was very inquisitive when she came for the dubbing and was looking at all the new equipment like a child,” said the director, who also won a National award for the film.
Habib started his career as a news cameraman and later turned screenwriter and penned dialogues for films like “Ta Ra Rum Pum”, “Band Baaja Baaraat” and “Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl.”
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- Right sync between writer, director vital: Habib Faisal - May 08, 2012
- YRF's 'Ishaqzaade' goes on floors (With Images) - Oct 16, 2011
- Habib to do two more films with YRF - May 10, 2012
- Habib Faisal says stint as cameramen inspires his films - May 10, 2012
- Ishaqzaade' earns Rs. 4.54 crore on opening day - May 12, 2012
- Indian film fest in New York kicks off with 'Do Dooni Char' (With Images) - May 05, 2011
- 'Do Dooni Chaar' to open Indian film fest in New York - Apr 13, 2011
- Rishi Kapoor wins best actor award at New York film fest - May 12, 2011
- Salman beyond a mentor for me: Arjun Kapoor - May 07, 2012
- 'Ishaqzaade' release advanced to May 11 - Apr 07, 2012
- Tendulkar makes time for a special date with Bollywood - Oct 18, 2010
- Surname doesn't matter, good work does: Arjun Kapoor - Jun 02, 2012
- My Favourites: Bollywood’s Filmmakers Pick Their 3 Favourite Films Of 2010 - Dec 31, 2010
- Newcomers aren't bad investment in Bollywood - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: acting school, actress, bahl, chaar, dabba, dialogues, habib, mughal e azam, mumbai, neetu singh, news cameraman, pyaasa, ricky, rishi kapoor, rishi kapoor and neetu singh, Subhash Ghai, ta ra rum pum, technological advancements, whistling woods, zameen