Conan O’Brien’s Talk Show “Conan” Beats Other Late Shows RatingsNovember 10th, 2010 - 9:17 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) American television actor Conan O’Brien has hit the bull’s eye with his late night talk show “Conan”. The media outlets and cable network officials reported that the talk show featuring Conan O’Brien has managed to pull in 4.2 million viewers on its premiere on November 10. The journalists are of the opinion that “Conan” ratings has crushed all other late night shows ratings as millions of audience watched and enjoyed the show.
If media reports are to be believed then “Conan”s debut show attracted 4,155,000 viewers of which 3,285,000 viewers were aged between 18-49 adults. It is reported that 2.8% markets watched “Conan”, whereas Jay Leno’s show drew 2.7% rating and David Letterman’s show drew a 2.5% rating. Jay Leno’s “Tonight” show attracted 3.5 million viewers, David Letterman’s shown attracted 3.4 million viewers, “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” pulled in 1.3 million viewers and “The Colbert Report” could only manage 1 million viewers. TBS president Steve Koonin said that “Conan”s audience has been very vocal online. The president of cable network also added that Conan O’Brien made a smooth transition from his social networking site to Twitter and the show delivered extraordinary audience owing to its interesting plot structure and list of celebrity guests.
Steve Koonin also called “Conan” as the “youngest” talk show on television. In the premiere of “Conan”, the audience saw the celebrity guests which included Seth Rogen, Lea Michele, Arlene Wagner and musician Jack White. It was subtitled as “Baa Baa Blackmail”. The audience enjoyed the candid conversations of the guests and performance of Jack White which kept then riveted to their seats. Last night’s episode was named as “Murder, She Tweeted” and the show was graced by Tom Hanks, Jack McBrayer and Soundgarden. The first segment of the show includes Conan O’Brien’s monologue, sometimes with new clips or comedy sketches and the second segment includes interviews and performances of celebrity guests.
- The Ratings Of 'The Tonight Show' Have Been Far From Impressive This Summer - Sep 07, 2010
- The Tonight Show's ratings drop despite having Jay Leno on board - Sep 07, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Criticizes Jay Leno Over 'The Tonight Show' Mess - May 03, 2010
- Leno's 'Tonight Show' Ratings Below Conan's: Worst Summer Ever - Sep 07, 2010
- Emmy Nominations Give Jay Leno A Miss This Year - Jul 09, 2010
- TBS Supports Conan O'Brien In The Emmy's Campaign - Jun 09, 2010
- "Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien - Jun 02, 2009
- George Lopez reacts to the cancellation of his show - Aug 11, 2011
- Neil Young: Last Episode Guest Of Conan O'Brien - Jan 23, 2010
- Conan O'Brien gives his first interview after ouster from 'The Tonight Show' - Apr 29, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Returns To Late Night On TBS - Apr 13, 2010
- Jay Leno back to hosting 'The Tonight Show' - Mar 03, 2010
- Talk show host Conan O'Brien gets 45 million dollar payout - Jan 22, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Comes Back With TBS New Show "Conan" - Nov 09, 2010
- Winfrey highest paid TV host - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: arlene wagner, candid conversations, celebrity guests, colbert report, comedy sketches, conan o brien, conan o brien s, daily show with jon stewart, david letterman, gina gomez, jack mcbrayer, jay leno, late night talk show, lea michele, network officials, seth rogen, social networking site, steve koonin, television actor, tom hanks