Conan O’Brien to bid farewell to NBC soonJanuary 19th, 2010 - 10:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jan 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to reports, there are feelers in the air that Conan O’Brien and the NBC are parting ways soon. They are also on the verge of finalizing a deal that would effectively end Conan O’Brien’s contract and free him and his staff from the network.
The source said O’Brien would receive an exit package between $30 and $40 million, and The Tonight Show staffers will be awarded severance and buy-outs. His team relocated their lives and families from New York to Los Angeles for the show, including Conan himself. The negotiations to get all of them a fair deal began on Wednesday. O’Brien’s team is trying to ensure the entire staff is “treated really well,” the source told ABC. Some staffers were toward the end of their contracts with NBC, but others had no contractual agreements.
The new deal would allow Conan O’Brien to leave NBC and join another network and then place Jay Leno back in to his old time slot. O’Brien hasn’t announced his future plans as yet. There were some rumors that FOX News was courting him, but nothing is known for sure.
Meanwhile there were protests from Conan’s fans, regarding the new developments. His supporters were said to have also staged rallies outside NBC studios in New York and Chicago as well. Fans of O’Brien held up posters showing their support for the presenter, and some even dressed up as “Late Night” characters.
- Emmy Nominations Entered Two For The Show; Four For Conan, None for Leno - Jul 09, 2010
- NBC And Conan O'Brien Are Yet To Decide The Deal For His Departure - Jan 21, 2010
- Talk show host Conan O'Brien gets 45 million dollar payout - Jan 22, 2010
- NBC: Jay Leno not trying to take over 'The Tonight Show' - Jan 15, 2010
- Conan O'Brien gives his first interview after ouster from 'The Tonight Show' - Apr 29, 2010
- Conan O'Brien talks to Playboy To Promote His New Show - Nov 07, 2010
- Will Jerry Seinfeld take over hosting duties from Conan O'Brien for 'The Tonight Show'? - Dec 21, 2009
- Conan O'Brien Criticizes Jay Leno Over 'The Tonight Show' Mess - May 03, 2010
- Trailer of Conan O'Brien's documentary out - May 26, 2011
- Conan O'Brien May Join Fox - Feb 04, 2010
- Leno's 'Tonight Show' Ratings Below Conan's: Worst Summer Ever - Sep 07, 2010
- Jay Leno back to hosting 'The Tonight Show' - Mar 03, 2010
- Jerry Seinfeld being tipped to replace Conan O'Brien on 'The Tonight Show' - Dec 20, 2009
- Conan O'Brien's Talk Show "Conan" Beats Other Late Shows Ratings - Nov 10, 2010
- Conan O'Brien deal with FOX is inching closer to being a reality - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: conan o brien, conan o brien s, contractual agreements, fair deal, feelers, fox news, jan 19, jay leno, nbc, nbc studios, new deal, new developments, old time, parting ways, rallies, severance, staffers, time slot, tonight show, verge