Conan O’Brien all set to replace LenoMay 31st, 2009 - 1:05 am ICT by GD
The much watched “The Tonight Show” will get a new host starting from this Monday. The unmistakable presence of Jay Leno will be replaced by the ‘funny guy’ Conan O’Brien.
Despite being the country’s top comedian with his characteristic sense of humor and wit, Conan O’Brien really takes his job very seriously! His new role as the host of the “The Tonight Show” will be a test of his hosting and entertaining skills. What will help him to create a niche for himself in this show, independent of the shadow of Jay Leno, is his 15 years experience as the host of another popular show called “Late Night with Conan O’Brien”. Conan will also get the support of known faces from the television like drummer Max Weinberg and his music group, Andy Richter as his side kick on the show, and of course Jeff Ross as the executive producer.
When asked whether this new role would enforce a change of style from his end, since the new show caters to a viewership different from “Late Night With Conan O’Brien” (it being a prime time show and not a late night program), he said in his inimitable vein that “I’m not going to change my personality…I am who I am!” Though he knows that people would invariably compare him with Jay Leno, he explains that he is here to stay and take over the legacy of not only Leno but also other previous hosts like Johnny Carson, Steve Allen and Jack Paar.
Conan O’Brien wants to use this platform to sharpen his skills and discover new kinds of comedy hitherto unexplored. Ultimately what he wants to do is make “The Tonight Show” truly funny!
- Leno's 'Tonight Show' Ratings Below Conan's: Worst Summer Ever - Sep 07, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Criticizes Jay Leno Over 'The Tonight Show' Mess - May 03, 2010
- "Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien - Jun 02, 2009
- The Ratings Of 'The Tonight Show' Have Been Far From Impressive This Summer - Sep 07, 2010
- Jerry Seinfeld being tipped to replace Conan O'Brien on 'The Tonight Show' - Dec 20, 2009
- Will Jerry Seinfeld take over hosting duties from Conan O'Brien for 'The Tonight Show'? - Dec 21, 2009
- Conan O'Brien's Talk Show "Conan" Beats Other Late Shows Ratings - Nov 10, 2010
- TBS Supports Conan O'Brien In The Emmy's Campaign - Jun 09, 2010
- Jay Leno back to hosting 'The Tonight Show' - Mar 03, 2010
- NBC's late night reshuffle upsets Conan O'Brien no end - Jan 12, 2010
- Talk show host Conan O'Brien gets 45 million dollar payout - Jan 22, 2010
- Conan O'Brien gives his first interview after ouster from 'The Tonight Show' - Apr 29, 2010
- Jimmy Vivino Takes Over for Max Weinberg on Conan - Sep 28, 2010
- Emmy Nominations Entered Two For The Show; Four For Conan, None for Leno - Jul 09, 2010
- Andy Richter joins Conan's team - Jun 02, 2009
Tags: Andy Richter, comedian, conan o brien, executive producer, funny guy, jack paar, jay leno, jeff ross, johnny carson, late night with conan, late night with conan o brien, max weinberg, music group, night with conan, sense of humor, side kick, steve allen, tonight show, unmistakable presence, viewership