Comely brunette calls Salman Rushdie ‘lecherous old guy’May 4th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 4 (ANI): Salman Rushdie has reportedly been tagged as “a lecherous old guy” by a comely brunette.
The lady allegedly warned a friend to keep her guard against the Booker prize-winning author, who has had four failed marriages, at the opening of Griffin on April 30.
According to the New York Post, the brunette was overheard saying, “keep away from the lecherous old guy” as she pointed towards the “Satanic Verses” writer.
Other guests at the event included Uma Thurman, Kate Hudson, Nas and Sting. (ANI)
- Dikshit retracts, says no question of welcoming Rushdie (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Salman Rushdie's name off Jaipur Festival's events roster - Jan 17, 2012
- Tight security for Rushdie's arrival - Mar 16, 2012
- Rushdie to speak via video on 'Midnight's Children' (Second Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Rushdie likely in India this weekend for India Today conclave - Mar 13, 2012
- Salman Rushdie for Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Salman Rushdie to attend Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 - Jan 03, 2012
- Fatwa changed history of 'The Satanic Verses', says Ben Okri - Jan 22, 2012
- Rushdie slams Imran Khan at India Today conclave - Mar 18, 2012
- Rushdie's Jaipur visit under cloud (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Rushdie session postponed (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Rushdie's Jaipur visit under cloud (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Rushdie is poor, sub-standard writer: Katju - Jan 25, 2012
- Rushdie's address at Jaipur LitFest cancelled - Jan 24, 2012
- Complaints against four authors for 'The Satanic Verses' reading - Jan 23, 2012