Comedian Sharan eyes variety of rolesJune 13th, 2008 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, June 13 (IANS) Kannada film industry’s young comedian Sharan, who has carved a niche for himself, doesn’t want to wait for the lead roles. Sharan played main lead in “Sundari Ganda Sadananda”, but hopes to bag a variety of roles to display his talent.
“I would rather accept roles which offer me opportunities to entertain. I am also looking for roles with different shades. I want to prove that I am capable of delivering in variety of roles,” Sharan told IANS.
The actor was seen in last year’s blockbuster “Krishna” with Kannada superstar Ganesh and also featured in “Ganesha” with Jaggesh.
For a long time Sharan’s claim to fame was that he is actress Shruthi’s younger brother. But he managed to come out of the shadows of his sister with his performance in films like “Punjabi House”, “Jothe Jotheyalli” and “Friends”.
Top directors like M.D. Sridhar and Dinesh Babu have been able to extract the best out of Sharan.
The opportunity to play lead in a comedy thriller like “Sundari Ganda Sadananda” was really a big moment for Sharan who debuted with a small role in veteran director Siddalingaiah’s film.
But he is not carried away by the film’s success and said: “I don’t want to live in paradise. ‘Sundari Ganda Sadananda’ was just one opportunity to act in leading role. That was because the role suited me. I know that my fans want to see me more in comic roles and I too want to continue acting in roles which have more focus on comedy.”
His vital break was in director S. Mahendar’s “Karpooradha Gombe”. Sharan had also acted in a few TV serials earlier. Though aspiring for variety in role, Sharan does not like to keep away from comedian roles.
“I am open to doing different type of roles. Even if a villain’s role is offered, I will accept if it is strong enough for me to show my talents. But fans have liked me in comedy roles. So, I want to perfect the art of making people laugh and excel in all my comedy-oriented roles.”
He has signed two new films with hero Shivaraj Kumar.
- 'Chinnada Thali'; box office dud by Jagannath Rao (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 31, 2011
- 'Body Guard' average fare; only for Jaggesh's fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Sudigaadu', fun all the way (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 26, 2012
- "Double Decker" scores on performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 23, 2011
- Diganth-Aindrita starrer 'Parijatha' must V-Day watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Crazy Loka' - good actors wasted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main' - Jun 24, 2012
- Have to be smart in role selection: Vir Das - Jul 09, 2011
- 'Rambo', a complete entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 09, 2012
- Aamir inspired me to take up 'Prithvi': Kannada actor Puneeth - Sep 12, 2012
- I Am a Successful stand up Comedian and do a Film only if I get a New Zone of Audiences and do not need a Film just to earn My Living -- Vir Das - May 11, 2010
- Want to be a step ahead of Vidya Balan: Veena Malik - May 26, 2012
- 'Naa Rani...', a wasted effort (IANS Kannada Film Review) - Dec 11, 2010
- Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Paul - Sep 07, 2012
- Kannada Actress Ragini Dwivedi Moves To Mollywood - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: babu, bangalore, blockbuster, claim to fame, comedian, comedy thriller, dinesh, film industry, ganesh, ganesha, gombe, krishna, main lead, niche, s young, shades, sridhar, tv serials, veteran director, villain