Columbia dumps X-Factor winner Matt CardleMay 22nd, 2012 - 7:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, May 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The winner 2010’s X Factor – Matt Cardle, signed a record deal with Simon Cowell’s Syco Music Company and Columbia.
The singer, who used to be a painter and even a decorator before his luck changed with the show, is now part of a big group of a few other X Factor winners who have not enjoyed a successful recording career winning the show, like Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson, Shane Ward and Joe McElderry.
Mentored by the Australian singer Dannii Minogue, Cardle managed to defeat the British-Irish boy band One Direction to win the seventh series of the ITV talent show. Prior to winning the X Factor, he was the lead singer and acoustic guitar player of the Essex pop rock band Darwyn.
The band also featured Ali McMillan on percussion and Richard Grace on piano. The group has recorded two albums, “When You Wake” and “Little Sunshine”. After his victory, the singer famously criticized the show during the promotion of his debut Album “Letters”.
His single “When we Collide”, a cover version of the song “Many of Horror” written by Simon Neil of the Scottish roch band Biffy Clyro, charted number 1 in December 2010.
Curdle has reportedly began work on the follow up to his debut album.
- Avicii takes singer Leona Lewis to court - Aug 09, 2011
- Victor Of 'X-Factor', Joe McElderry, Confesses That He Is Gay - Aug 01, 2010
- Matt Cardle says that he won't sing covers - Dec 06, 2010
- Dannii's boy Matt Cardle wins 'The X Factor' - Dec 13, 2010
- Christmas Number One Single Bagged By Matt Cardle - Dec 19, 2010
- Cowell's 'X Factor' ruining the music industry, say The Script - Dec 25, 2010
- X-Factor Winner Joe McElderry Admits He Is Gay! - Aug 01, 2010
- Cheryl unfairly blaming Simon: Cowell's mum - Jun 22, 2011
- Westlife split from Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
- Simon Cowell named king of TV - Jan 09, 2010
- 'X-Factor' winner Matt Cardle's track is Christmas no. 1 - Dec 20, 2010
- Westlife part ways with Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
- Cowell plans to revamp 'X-Factor' - Mar 20, 2012
- Leona changed Simon's walkout plan - Aug 21, 2009
- Grace Woodward Calls It Off With Matt Cardle - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: acoustic guitar player, australian singer, biffy clyro, dannii minogue, debut album, irish boy band, lead singer, leon jackson, little sunshine, mcmillan, music company, number 1, percussion, pop rock band, richard grace, shane ward, simon cowell, steve brookstein, syco music, x factor