Colors TV gets court nod to continue ‘Bigg Boss’ shooting (Lead)October 22nd, 2010 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 22 (IANS) The Colors TV channel Friday secured a stay order from the Bombay High Court on the Lonavala Municipal Council’s (LMC) eviction orders to its reality show “Bigg Boss-4″.
A channel spokesperson said that a division bench comprising Justice V.C. Daga and Justice R.M. Sawant ordered a status quo vis-à-vis the notice by LMC ordering it to stop shooting and vacate the premises.
Following the stay order, the shooting for “Bigg Boss” will continue as usual, the spokesperson said.
Colors TV moved the Bombay High Court in a writ petition Friday challenging the LMC CEO Yogesh Godse’s notice to immediately stop shooting “Bigg Boss” show in Lonavala hill station and vacate the premises Thursday, ostensibly since its documents were not in order.
In the notice, the LMC had pointed out that despite repeated reminders, the channel had not submitted the requisite documents and maps of the property where the shooting was going on.
Accordingly, the permission and no objection certificate for the shooting could not be granted, the notice added.
The hill-station of Lonavala has seen a shut-down, several protests by the Shiv Sena and fortress-like security more than a fortnight since the shooting for “Bigg Boss” started.
The channel expressed its happiness over the high court ruling and said that millions of “Bigg Boss” fans would continue to enjoy the programme unhindered.
- Colors TV moves court against 'Bigg Boss' ouster from Lonavala - Oct 22, 2010
- Lonavala civic body orders eviction of 'Bigg Boss' team (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Lonavala civic agency orders stop to 'Bigg Boss' shoot - Oct 21, 2010
- Mumbai cable operators block Colors against 'Big Boss' (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Mumbai cable operators block Colors against 'Big Boss' - Oct 13, 2010
- Anna Hazare's NGO joins anti-'Bigg Boss' brigade - Oct 12, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4 To Continue Shoot As HC Annuls Municipality Complaint - Oct 25, 2010
- Shiv Sena calls shut down against 'Bigg Boss 4' Monday - Oct 10, 2010
- Court gives 'Bigg Boss' reprieve till Monday - Nov 18, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss' gets further reprieve till Dec 3 - Nov 22, 2010
- Shutdown in Lonavala against 'Bigg Boss' - Oct 11, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Sena Workers To Hold Procession In Lonavla - Oct 12, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss' allowed prime time slot but no obscenity - Dec 27, 2010
- 20 Shiv Sainiks held for trying to disrupt 'Bigg Boss' (Lead, changing dateline) - Oct 05, 2010
- Government told to hear TV channel out on 'Bigg Boss' row (Lead) - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: bombay high court, court nod, daga, division bench, eviction, fortnight, fortress, godse, lmc, lonavala, maps, objection certificate, premises, reality show, reminders, shiv sena, spokesperson, tv channel, writ petition, yogesh