Colors pays Rs.4.5 crore to screen ‘Ajab Prem…’December 7th, 2009 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Dec 7 (IANS) Television channel Colors seems to be on a eyeball-grabbing spree. After premiering the big-budget underwater caper “Blue”, it has reportedly acquired the first-satellite screening rights of this year’s money-spinner “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” as their yearender whammy.
The channel is learnt to have paid a whopping Rs.4.5 crores for it.
“With ‘Blue’ and ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’ we wanted to enter the feature film slots with a bang. So far we had desisted from showing feature films,” said a source from the channel.
“Once we decided to show films, we had to grab eyeballs immediately. And to do so we needed films that would elicit instant reaction. Having got that with two new biggies, we’ll now settle down to telecast less recent films,” added the source.
Unlike “Blue” which sank without a trace at the box office after its theatrical release Oct 16, Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif starrer “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” is a hit.
But Ramesh Taurani, producer of “Ajab…”, says it won’t affect the film’s collection at the ticket window.
“The satellite premiere of ‘Ajab ’ is happening at December end which is two months after its theatrical release. The theatrical business nowadays is for four weeks, however successful the film,” Taurani told IANS.
- Shocking! Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani To Be Premiered On Television - Dec 07, 2009
- Taurani to launch son opposite Shruti Haasan - Jul 29, 2012
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani ready to go home - Dec 04, 2009
- New films on TV...good or bad? - Dec 09, 2009
- Santoshi to start Abhay-Sonam starrer Feb 1 - Jan 11, 2012
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani music topping the charts - Oct 17, 2009
- Ranbir Kapoor's Ajab Prem turns to dust! - Dec 15, 2009
- 'Kites' world television premiere slated on Colors - Jun 10, 2010
- Explore your funny side with 'Ajab Prem Ki...' (IANS preview) - Nov 02, 2009
- No intimacy between Saif, Deepika in 'Aarakshan': Jha - Feb 21, 2011
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani Music Launch On World Smile Day! - Oct 03, 2009
- 'Prince' will prevail despite IPL: Producer - Mar 19, 2010
- Colors acquires TV rights for 'Lafangey Parindey' - Aug 26, 2010
- What do Ajay Devgan and Ranbir Kapoor have in common? - Sep 28, 2009
- Ranbir turns into the Indian Charlie Chaplin for APKGK - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: caper, crore, crores, eyeballs, feature film, feature films, instant reaction, katrina kaif, money spinner, prem, quot, ranbir kapoor, recent films, release oct, subhash k jha, television channel, theatrical release, ticket window, whammy, whopping rs